Why become a member? ×

Fender Highway One Jazz Bass '06 - Used Price

Bobo_08

Hi All, 

I am looking for a bit of advice, I have recently seen the above bass advertised local to me (Switzerland), from the photos it looks nice condition. I plan to take a look later this week, however the person has informed me it still has original strings and has never been setup, hardly played and sat in its case for years. Im a newbie to bass guitar and wondeirng if you could kindly give me some pointers on the following questions. 

1. What should I check, be aware of when looking at a 13 year old guitar that has not been used much.. warping of, neck, splits in dried out fingerboard etc etc? Is there anything specific to a Fender Jazz I should also check. 
  2. These basses seem quite seldom, so I am finding it difficult to find information on recent 2nd hand price. Any ideas here please

Kind Regards

In my opinion Fender basses are quite agricultural... in a good way. They are built in a simplistic, yet robust way. Remember, Fenders considered to be 'the best' ever made, are the oldest... often look like they've taken a real beating... but are still going strong!

If this bass hasn't been obviously abused then I'm fairly confident that there wont be anything that a good set-up wont put right.

The Highway One Fenders have a good reputation, and to the best of my knowledge sell in the UK for between £600 - £700 or so. Good luck.

• Like 2

Ive owned, and loved both a HW-1 and HW-One. Both great basses, but for the money they go for second-hand id question if it has to be a HW1.

Ive seen these go for more than they cost new, and im note sure why this is. There isnt really anything amazing about them IME. Good workhorse basses yes,