Why become a member? ×

Double ball end strings

steve-soar

Just wondering what peoples views are about the two types I've mentioned.
I've used Elites on my headless for years and use to change them every week or so when I was gigging the bass, so I didn't really know if they died naturally or not as I was changing them after 5 or 6 gigs.
I've never tried Status strings so I would be grateful for peoples opinions as ordering 6 sets doesn't seem too steep.
I have had this set of Elites on for about 4 months but I don't play it that often and the G string was dead straight out of the packet, so I fancy a change, can anybody help?
Thanks
Steve. :)

i buy Status hotwires 30-90 in the bulk pack for both headed & headless, not had a problem, before that i used DR hibeams , and have found the hotwires to be very similar , but a lot cheaper.

The down side of calling Status is last time I ordered a box of stings , i accidently ordered a streamliner ;-)

Edited by G-77

[quote name='G-77' post='375545' date='Jan 9 2009, 07:10 PM']i buy Status hotwires 30-90 in the bulk pack for both headed & headless, not had a problem, before that i used DR hibeams , and have found the hotwires to be very similar , but a lot cheaper.

The down side of calling Status is last time I ordered a box of stings , i accidently ordered a streamliner ;-)[/quote]

MB1. ;)
"Dont you think?... One Sting is enough!... for all of us?" :P