moonbass

**SOLD** Warwick Infinity SN 4-string 2002 Zebrano Now £950
£1250
Cambridge

**SOLD**
For Sale 

Warwick Infinity SN 4-string 2002 Zebrano

Price drop to £1000 £950

German-made featuring a set-neck and tone chambered body, with MEC active humbucker at the bridge and single coil at the neck. The humbucker can be split to single coil via pull switch, and a second pull switch changes from active to passive. MEC 2-band preamp. The range of tones is incredible and very usable. 

This is a narrow necked version so easily suitable for small hands. I can provide a good quality gig bag or an original Warwick flight case. 

Selling as I have the 5-string version as well.

Would prefer collection from Cambridge, but happy to meet up within an hours drive. Only trades I would consider are 5-string Warwick Streamers currently. 

Cheers,

Andy

CE8F43A3-6292-4ADB-9CF6-FA943763290D.jpeg

510756DE-B8CA-4A13-9D90-8108EA16B627.jpeg

B81F56D7-E81F-4DCA-8967-C6129377C23C.jpeg

E5B6F2A6-93E9-4E3F-816E-A46ECAAEF94F.jpeg

Edited by moonbass
Price drop.
  • Like 7

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d_g
      I'm selling my Poller 3/4 (standard) size double bass. Really great bass for students or jazz/rockabilly. I gigged it professionally for several years before upgrading.
      It's made in Romania in the early 90s. It has been my backup bass for the last few years but I can’t justify keeping two at the moment.
      Makes a great bass for a student or an electric bass player taking up upright - I’ve gigged it and and it is very light so great for carrying around to gigs etc. I’ll include a soft case and realist pickup, and I can probably find a spare double bass stand if you would like one too.
      Price drop to £895 and open to sensible offers and happy to reduce the price a bit if you don't want the pickup or other extras!
      I'm currently located in North London for now but moving shortly to Kingston area and also am in Bucks and Sussex a lot so delivery around the south east is possible. You are welcome to come for a socially distanced play in the garden but serious buyers only please. Any questions let me know!
      Many thanks
      Dan

• By LukeFRC
      So I never thought I would do this... 

This bass has been my main bass for years and years. It was my love for Warwicks that really let me onto Basschat in the first place and ever since I picked it up it's been my main bass while loads more have been and gone. My decision to trade my old JD Thumb bass for a Sadowsky a couple of years ago was driven only by the fact the Sadowsky would be easier to sell... I've played nothing else since, and as such, and having to use the small room full of basses as a home office recently a couple of my basses need to make way.

So what is it.
      A 1991 Warwick Streamer. Maple body, maple neck and wenge stringers, wenge fretboard. Gold hardware.
      1991 is prior to the move east, so similar with most the Warwicks of this era it's got the nice thin neck. I measure a 39-40mm nut.
      The hardware is gold and I think from when it was still made by Schaller. 
      It's bright and lively sounding - it's super sensitive to your right hand position and attack. Some basses sound like they sound, this one you can change the sound dramatically depending where you play over. I made a recording of it in this thread here where it was voted the best sounding by a long way.
      The original MEC pickups (long gone) were stupidly bright to my ears so I swapped them out for a Bartolini PJ set. From memory it's from before the "classic series" existed, so they are original series. They are a perfect match to my ears for the brightness of the bass giving a warm mid range and the fat bottom. 
      The preamp is the original MEC one. It did wear a ACG preamp for years but I switched it back to something simpler as the ACG plus Helix stomp was way too many options. 
      Like most Warwicks the jack socket has been changed (a few times)  
      What is it not.
      If you want something factory fresh and pristine - this isn't the bass for you. It's been played - a lot. First by the original owner, and then by me. (nb most the knocks were from the previous guy)  There is nothing structural, wood has knocks and dings, and it's discoloured slightly in some contact spots (eg above the P pickup, round the volume) in the flesh this isn't really super noticeable... but as I said, if you wanted something pristine or without blemish you wouldn't have read this far... there's probably a reason that it's been so well played in the last 29 years though. 

It's also not heavy. I make it 3.2kg using the time honoured getting on and off the bathroom scales technique. It's one of the lightest basses I've played and balances well. (There's a current trend towards lightweight basses.... some of which is led by wanting a super light bass so your shoulder doesn't hurt at the end of a 4 hour gig, and some of it led by medical requirements. I'm reasonably confident in my weighing - but if there's a medical reason why you would like a bass this light, lets talk and I'll work out a way of getting more accurate measurements) 
      This is probably the most important point.... it is not a battered player. The truss works perfectly (and I think is removable if it didn't) 
      When I got it the previous owner had impressively managed to wear down the bell brass frets in the first position. which was a bit hard to play. I took it to the lovely guys at Alpher (thanks @CHRISDABASS) who must have spent ages giving it a fret job. The result is a super smooth playing bass with the ability to get the action down to silly places if that's your thing. It really is beautiful job they did. 

What else does it come with?
      A nice Levys Canadian leather strap in green, with the dunlop strap locks (it came with it when I bought it, I never got around to changing it) 
      A hiscox hardcase. It looks like all the other ones. It might be a more recent one as the handle is actually moulded to be comfortable to carry. 
      UK postage (international at cost, EU no probs; wider than that at my discretion) 
      Trades or offers
      Will be listened too. Not really after anything at the moment, unless it's a Precision bass of some kind. Money added either way. Don't be offended if I don't want your bass or agree with your valuation of it. 
      Offers will also be listened to. 

TL;DR version
      Nice older era Warwick. Well played, lightweight, sounds amazing, really nice fret job, really lightweight. Buy it now!

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So how long have you been playing bass, and why did you start?
      I think I started playing bass around when I was around 16 or so, a couple of years after I had started to learn how to play guitar, which makes the time I have played bass about 27 years by now, most of that time having had bass as my main instrument of choice, although having continued to play guitar on the sideline all along.
      It all started one day at band rehearsal where I by pure incident picked up the bass players bass and started playing, fell in love with the sound and feel of playing it, right there on the spot, and soon after answered an add by a drummer and a guitarist/vocalist seeking a bass player for their original band.
      After an audition session I got accepted as their new bass player, and even got a lot of praise for my capabilities on bass from the drummer, who happened to be a, for his age at that point, really skilled musician that knew how to sight read music, and who beside drums, played both piano and guitar on the sideline (that drummer and guitarist/vocalist being the same two people, though in a new different original band, that I much later since recorded a 2 track Single and a 4 track EP with, which were released on a small independent record label that some of our mutual friends owned, before I eventually decided to leave that band, much to my later regret, though I did get to contribute to a few of the compositions of their later full length album, even if not recording anything for it).
      The first few months with that first original band I didn't even own my own bass yet, but had to borrow one.
      Though soon after I decided to put my primary focus on playing bass over playing guitar.
      For some reason playing bass just came much more natural to me than playing guitar, like the instrument just felt exactly right in my hands, and as if I must have been thinking much more like a bass player than a guitarist all along, like apparently I just had a natural understanding for how the instrument worked and talent for coming up with and playing just the right bass parts for songs relatively effortlessly, that I for some reason just didn't possess on even just remotely the same level and same degree on guitar (even if eventually I have gotten quite good on guitar too, but ironically mainly from the experience I have acquired playing bass).

• By mart3442
      Final price drop: £1500 to go

Bought from a fellow basschatter a couple of years ago. A very late '77/early '78 factory fretless Fender Precision. (Serial no says 1977, neck and pickup dates say 1978)....
      In great condition for a 42 year old Bass, the finish has sunk into the grain in parts on the body, a few little marks here and there, and some lacquer chips on the headstock, but no major dings anywhere.
      Judging by the crazing in the headstock lacquer, I'd say it's been finished in nitro cellulose.
      The scratchplate has a slight warp in it, which isn't unusal for this era.
      The nut has been changed to brass, a long time ago from the looks of it, and likewise, the bridge barrels have also been replaced with brass items. Other than those, and some of the scratchplate and pickup screws, this is a very original instrument.
      The fingerboard has just been reshot and dressed to the correct radius by Mike Smith Guitars, Southport, and is a lovely piece of highly grained Rosewood, in perfect condition, that plays like new.
      Weight is typical Fender fretless fare, I'd say between 9 and 10 pounds. Not as heavy as the maple necked one I sold on here a few years ago, but meaty enough.
      A semi rigid case is included with the Bass, but for an extra £60, I'll throw in a Hiscox instead.
      Happy to courier, (I estimate £30-35 with insurance extra), or any buyer may collect.
      Any questions, please ask.
      Cheers.
      Mart

• By Storky
      beautiful Sterling StingRay5 Bass Guitar. Condition is A1, good as new. Everything works as it should and I love the “Tobacco” sunburst colour. I brought it new around October 2019 for a new band which didn’t take off, so now this beauty is surplus to requirements. But it’s a great bass and quite light for a 5 string bass at 9.4lbs