Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='Biggsy' post='449481' date='Mar 30 2009, 02:16 PM']I'm still up for it.. Although if the numbers are weak we should probably just tag on to the next general BassBash.

I think less than 5 confirmed attendees and it's not worwhile.[/quote]

Mmmm - I know I was doubtful from the start due to a clash with a Mrs Coasterbass event but that looks more and more definite so my chances of attending LeftyBassHeaven are slim :)

I'd dearly love to have a dedicated bassbash so if we can reschedule for later in the year then please count me as superkeen.

Thanks for taking it this far!

It's no worries at all, I didn't mean to seem grumpy, just a bit down ATM as my Grandad's not very well.

To be fair I did just pick a date out of the air, should really have got some feedback first. It's just April is pre-opeinging for the studio but hopefully post-carpet. The date doesn't matter so much, it just means I'd have to charge the princely sum of £45 for the room for any later!

Unfortunately I don't really have the time to follow this up properly, if anyone wants to get preferred dates from fellow lefties and propose a more suitable date I'm totally fine with that :)

Oh - totally fine with a venue change if needs be as well, but we are kinda spread out all over the place!

[quote name='Biggsy' post='449609' date='Mar 30 2009, 04:26 PM']Oh - totally fine with a venue change if needs be as well, but we are kinda spread out all over the place![/quote]

true, its not like the old days where we were all put in colonies. I miss that.

[quote name='Biggsy' post='449641' date='Mar 30 2009, 04:54 PM']Does such a thing as an all-lefty band exist out there somewhere? If not, there bloomin' should be!

Had to google it.. and there are many. Would be good to find a good one though![/quote]

We've got lefty bass (obviously), a lefty guitar, and another lefty guitar who plays righty.

[quote name='metaltime' post='452617' date='Apr 2 2009, 06:04 PM']If you dont get on with it i will buy it off you I really wanted it.[/quote]

Sorry dude, really missed my old one that Josh took; will defo let you know if I sell it.

The dots on the neck are stickers, and are coming straight off! I'm excited cuz it's my first Handbuilt Warwick, excited to see what difference the brass nut and other subtleties are to a more modern one.

Selling my 7 string NT HK bass
here she is
Reduced 97%
Attached Image
2560 x 1920 (2.36MB)

£400 plus shipping
Thanks wildus smile.gif

Id like this but dont no if i can justify it. Whats the neck dive like? how heavy is it? what is the 7th string high or low? Can you put up a pic of the headstock?

[quote name='Biggsy' post='453066' date='Apr 3 2009, 10:39 AM']I was speaking to a bloke on the Warwick forums about a 2005 Thumb BO 4 string for £750, haven't seen a 5er in a while now.[/quote]
Hi Biggsy, that would be me. Congrats on the Corvette I was watching that very good price in the end

[quote name='josh3184' post='372207' date='Jan 6 2009, 06:16 PM']Was postulated by Biggsy as we noticed that a number of us lefties are on the look for equipment atm... The idea we've got is we all post what we've got and see if we can organise a bit switch about? May fail completely but I'm willing to give it a go!

[b][u]For Sale[/u][/b]

Lefty68:
[color="#FF0000"]Stingray5 Black with 2 necks one maple and one rosewood[/color]

mntl73:
[color="#FF0000"]MIM Fender Jazz[/color]

JAZZEE999:
[color="#FF0000"]Custom built SG based on 64 model[/color]

Whynot:
[color="#FF0000"]Bassix Tech Upright - £700 plus postage[/color]

Lefthandedfrog:
[color="#FF0000"]1991 Alembic Epic 5 - 900e plus postage[/color]

Nevernever:
[color="#FF0000"]Tanglewood Canyon II - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39841"]£300 [/url][/color]

MXM:
[color="#FF0000"]96 MM Stingray 5 fretless - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45311&hl="]£750[/url][/color]

If everyone posts below what they've got I can update the thread as it goes along!

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=42136"]BASH[/url][/quote]

Hi Josh you might like to add my Warwick Thumb to your list. It's on Ebay at the mo but if it does'nt sell I may be up for a trade. I fancy a good quality jazz