Why become a member? ×

creative f***ing reminder

Bay Splayer

since installing my e-mu 0202 usb interface i have a pop-up reminder from creative prfofessional products every time i turn my pc on, about registering my product, even though i already have! :huh:

anyone else had this with creative gear? :huh:

even when i uninstalled the e-mu i still got reminder every time i turned pc on :)

if i click close, the register page appears, click close on that, reminder appears, reg..remind..reg..etc

[quote name='uptonmark' post='368650' date='Jan 2 2009, 05:44 PM']since installing my e-mu 0202 usb interface i have a pop-up reminder from creative prfofessional products every time i turn my pc on, about registering my product, even though i already have! :huh:

anyone else had this with creative gear? :huh:

even when i uninstalled the e-mu i still got reminder every time i turned pc on :)

if i click close, the register page appears, click close on that, reminder appears, reg..remind..reg..etc[/quote]

I have - it's the one of the most f***ing annoying things ever - thankfully it was on my Girlfriends mums pc so I don't have to deal with it - I spent a couple of hours trying to get it to go away and couldn't. Apparently it has something to do with Vista (doesn't happen on XP machines).

If you google the problem there is a load of information about iirc. I do remember that I swore lots and then gave up - and as far as I know that machine still has this problem.

Edited by lateralus462

[quote name='lateralus462' post='368655' date='Jan 2 2009, 05:49 PM']I have - [b][color="#000000"]it's the one of the most f***ing annoying things ever [/color][/b]- thankfully it was on my Girlfriends mums pc so I don't have to deal with it - I spent a couple of hours trying to get it to go away and couldn't. Apparently it has something to do with Vista (doesn't happen on XP machines).

.[/quote]

you aint kidding!

[quote name='lateralus462' post='368655' date='Jan 2 2009, 05:49 PM']I have - it's the one of the most f***ing annoying things ever - thankfully it was on my Girlfriends mums pc so I don't have to deal with it - I spent a couple of hours trying to get it to go away and couldn't. Apparently it has something to do with Vista (doesn't happen on XP machines).[/quote]

Is there *anything* good about Vista?

My girlfriend's laptop runs (crawls?) Vista and it's just louping with popups and 'features'. Takes about a day to boot up all its irritating little bells and whistles.

[quote name='bremen' post='368673' date='Jan 2 2009, 06:12 PM']Is there *anything* good about Vista?

My girlfriend's laptop runs (crawls?) Vista and it's just louping with popups and 'features'. Takes about a day to boot up all its irritating little bells and whistles.[/quote]

very happy with vista on my pc, no pop-ups ([i]except for this creative one[/i]) runs smooth and boots up in the blink of an eye :)