Why become a member? ×

SOLD

dangerboy

PRICE CUT! Read down.

==============================================

Continuing the procession out of my flat...

A short-scale Eko bass from Italy, model B.02, with a beautiful maple/mahogany/maple neck. The scale length appears to be 30", although I can't find my tape measure to confirm this exactly.

This page will tell you all you need to know, in two languages!
[url="http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/eko/catalogues/83/15.html"]http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/eko/catalogues/83/15.html[/url]

This bass is in nice condition generally - there have been a few dings to the finish, each of which has become white, and looks like a place where a small stone hit a windscreen. I've had to replace the pots, as the original volume pot operated as more of an "on-off switch". I kept the lovely old capacitor, though. I also put nice metal knobs on it rather than the horrid plastic ones. Other than that it's all original.

The humbucker is HOT. It clips my guitar amp even with the gain on 3. My bass amp is fine with it, though. Lovely warm and slightly vintage sound to it.

80 if you meet me in London to collect it, 100 if I have to ship it. Sound OK? I have a gig bag for this but it's long-scale and a bit tatty. Should protect it, though.

Edited by dangerboy

I DO like that.......

As far as trades go.....

Hartke VX215 cab?

Er, can't think of anything else bass related at the mo!

EDIT: Owen Bass Gremlin Overdrive?
Boss SYB-3 Synth pedal?
Jim Dunlop Bass Wah?

Dunno what the pedals are worth really, the Owen i'd put at about 60, the SYB at about £50 and the Wah £60+?
Not wanting to get rid of the Owen really, would rather the other two went as i don't have a use for em at the mo!

Ta
Steve

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='Bassassin' post='370053' date='Jan 4 2009, 04:36 PM']I do like that. Haven't touched a short scale since I started playing, several centuries ago. How does it play?[/quote]

I like the idea of you starting out on a shortscale bass lute in the 1600s...

It plays really nicely. The neck is skinny and smooth, so my hands just flow over it. The action is on the high side of middle at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it could be brought down. The sound is pure and warm.