Why become a member? ×

Skjold Exotic Custom. Mint.

bobpalt

Anyone interested in a swap? Slightly unusual request, in that due to my poor eyesight, I have become pretty much dependent upon neck leds for playing on dark stages, so I am looking to exchange my [b]2004 SKJOLD EXOTIC CUSTOM [/b] for a similar quality bass with the all important missing leds!

I really dont like the idea of fitting leds to this bass, as its absolutely beautiful, unmarked and I guess too good to be bashed about at the kind of gigs we do. I usually gig with my ACG or Sei, which have leds of course, or sometimes use my Lakland Joe Osborne, again lit up. Its such a shame to leave a brilliant bass on a rack when someone should be using it.

Is there anyone out there who might be interested in a swap? It would have to be an interesting bass, in mint condition as this one is, perhaps a newer Status/Sei or whathaveyou. Just looking for a change I suppose!

Its a model that was made by Pete as a show demo piece, wth spalted beech top, 7 piece neck, gorgeous Bocote fingerboard, 35" scale (but the bridge is set way down so you dont even notice the length). EMGs are fitted, with recessed straplocks, absolute top quality fittings, and even the back is bookmatched beech.

Its a long shot, but any interest out there? New, this bass would be something over £2,500.

Added 27th December:

As the swap idea was a long shot, I will now sell for £1,250.

[b]3rd January: PRICE REDUCED TO £1,100![/b]

[attachment=17694:Exotic10.jpg]
[attachment=17695:Exotic08.jpg]
[attachment=17696:Exotic09.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

Ditto, I have just fitted a set on my beloved Dolphin, and they work extremely well.

Would recommend this to you as I was in the same boat recently, Fretfx are good to deal with and it is a doddle to fit and they are very subtle and work a treat.

I didn't fancy someone butchering my gorgeous Warwick neck, and this was a great solution.

If I remember correctly the kit cost me around 70 quid and took a couple of weeks to arrive.

I have just acquired another Dolphin bass, and the previous owner had fitted a set on it, result.

If you have any questions about them, let me know

Cheers

Stuart

[quote name='vmaxblues' post='362218' date='Dec 23 2008, 06:27 PM']Ditto, I have just fitted a set on my beloved Dolphin, and they work extremely well.

Would recommend this to you as I was in the same boat recently, Fretfx are good to deal with and it is a doddle to fit and they are very subtle and work a treat.

I didn't fancy someone butchering my gorgeous Warwick neck, and this was a great solution.

If I remember correctly the kit cost me around 70 quid and took a couple of weeks to arrive.

I have just acquired another Dolphin bass, and the previous owner had fitted a set on it, result.

If you have any questions about them, let me know

Cheers

Stuart

Hi Stuart.

I have tried FretFX, both the older, led system and the new fibre optic one, and have had problems with both, I'm sad to say.

The led system worked fine, but the wire connecting the leds was so thin and fragile that it broke within a few weeks of fitting it. Up till then it had worked fine on a PRS bass I had fitted it to. When I saw the new fibre optic system, I bought 2 sets (I still have one in the cupboard), but the special sticky tape for fitting the fibre optic to the neck was useless, and peeled off in no time, as well as being quite obtrusive when it was on. Seemed like a great idea, not very well executed. In addition, one of the light packs didnt work (they supplied 2 with each pack so that wasnt a major problem). I really wanted to like them, but too many problems for me, so its back to Sims. By the way, is there anyone else out there installing leds? I seem to remember there was a company on the Isle of Wight somewhere that did it?

Bob[/quote]

[quote name='bobpalt' post='364446' date='Dec 27 2008, 08:49 PM']This bass is now for sale @ £1,250. I know everyone says this, but its worth every penny..............................[/quote]

Looks a very good price,

Shame I've moved on to 5's now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='bobpalt' post='362164' date='Dec 23 2008, 05:11 PM']Anyone interested in a swap? Slightly unusual request, in that due to my poor eyesight, I have become pretty much dependent upon neck leds for playing on dark stages, so I am looking to exchange my [b]2004 SKJOLD EXOTIC CUSTOM [/b] for a similar quality bass with the all important missing leds!

I really dont like the idea of fitting leds to this bass, as its absolutely beautiful, unmarked and I guess too good to be bashed about at the kind of gigs we do. I usually gig with my ACG or Sei, which have leds of course, or sometimes use my Lakland Joe Osborne, again lit up. Its such a shame to leave a brilliant bass on a rack when someone should be using it.

Is there anyone out there who might be interested in a swap? It would have to be an interesting bass, in mint condition as this one is, perhaps a newer Status/Sei or whathaveyou. Just looking for a change I suppose!

Its a model that was made by Pete as a show demo piece, wth spalted beech top, 7 piece neck, gorgeous Bocote fingerboard, 35" scale (but the bridge is set way down so you dont even notice the length). EMGs are fitted, with recessed straplocks, absolute top quality fittings, and even the back is bookmatched beech.

Its a long shot, but any interest out there? New, this bass would be something over £2,500.

Added 27th December:

As the swap idea was a long shot, I will now sell for £1,250.

[b]3rd January: PRICE REDUCED TO £1,100![/b]

[attachment=17694:Exotic10.jpg]
[attachment=17695:Exotic08.jpg]
[attachment=17696:Exotic09.jpg][/quote]

Well done Bob !