Why become a member? ×

TC electronic BG250 208

Tarnell Custom

I found the amp head very capable, to the point where it could actually drive my BF midget enough that the internal speakers couldn't keep up. Great combo, wish I hadn't sold mine sometimes.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BreadBin said:

It should get louder, how are you linking it?

I havent yet, I'm looking to get a 12" TC Cab to add to it for when in out and about gigging but before investing wanted to ensure that it wasn't going to reduce my output to the audience, as I play in a bass and vocals only duo 

28 minutes ago, Tarnell Custom said:

I havent yet, I'm looking to get a 12" TC Cab to add to it for when in out and about gigging but before investing wanted to ensure that it wasn't going to reduce my output to the audience, as I play in a bass and vocals only duo 

Most amps provide more power into a lower impedance, which is what you get when you add an extra cab. The 208 is something like 125W with its internal speakers and 250W with an 8R extension cab.

Watch it with the cabs though, by the sounds of it your band isn't very loud but I really do mean that the amp head (and presumably most extension cabinets) will quite happily play loud, it's the 2x8"s actually in the combo that are the limiting factor.

Have you seen these cabs for sale??