Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB414

Weird War

Roll up, roll up... for one Yamaha BB414 in glorious metallic orange. This is considered one of the most versatile, best-sounding instruments for bassists on a budget.

The spec:

The Yamaha BB414 4-string bass guitar features a serious alder body with a bolt-on maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. Ceramic soapbar-style bridge
pickup, split coil neck pickup, toggle selector switch and speed knobs for master volume and master tone.

Features

* Construction: Bolt-on.
* Scale Length: 864mm (34").
* Fingerboard: Rosewood.
* Frets: 21.
* Neck Radius: 250mm (10").
* Body: Alder.
* Neck: Maple.
* Tuners: Diecast.
* Bridge: Vintage Style - replaced (since the photo was taken) by a superior CH Guitars bridge
* Pickups: 2 split coil neck pickups, 1 soapbar single coil bridge pickup.
* Pickup Switch: 3 position.
* Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone.

I bought this off a fellow BassWorlder (remember that site?) about a year ago and it's been an excellent backup to my Jazz. I only gigged it once but got lots of comments on its looks (fewer compliments on my playing, alas :) ). It is in perfect working order and, although it has playing marks in the usual places, the finish masks these well (as I hope you can tell from the photos). The neck is lovely and really playable.

Glowing reviews here: [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Yamaha/BB414/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...maha/BB414/10/1[/url]

I'm looking for £150 shipped or £135 collected from SE London (you're welcome to try it out, of course, and I have a kettle.). The bass is string low with D'addario EXLs and I'll throw in a Rotosound strap if you want it.

PM me if you're interested, and thanks for looking.

Doug

Edited by Weird War

These are so great.

Any new players looking for fantastic bass at a great price, look no further.

Any experienced players wanting a great backup, look no further.

And I'm not even on commission.

any colour other than orange and I'd have snapped it out of your hands...

I'd even have driven over to London from Gloucester... and filled up my water bottles while at yours... and begged you for the use of your shower... heck, I haven't had a decent wash now for a few days... not since Sunday morning when the mains water failed after the treatment plant for the entire county got flooded out. Everyone's having to make do with sponge baths and baby wipes...

anyroad... someone's gonna get a right bargain there...

[quote name='Paul Cooke' post='37035' date='Jul 25 2007, 10:01 PM']any colour other than orange and I'd have snapped it out of your hands...

I'd even have driven over to London from Gloucester... and filled up my water bottles while at yours... and begged you for the use of your shower... heck, I haven't had a decent wash now for a few days... not since Sunday morning when the mains water failed after the treatment plant for the entire county got flooded out. Everyone's having to make do with sponge baths and baby wipes...

anyroad... someone's gonna get a right bargain there...[/quote]

Sounds grim, Paul. Hope things get back to normal soon.