Why become a member? ×

G&L where does this earth go?

la bam

Hi all,

Ive just renovated and am in the process of putting back together this G&L sb2 tribute.

It's pretty much done. I've just got to connect one black wire to the bridge. One black wire and one white wire back to where they were..... and them I'm a bit stuck.

There a black wire coming from the first top pot which looks like the volume for the 'p' pickups with a connector on the end which looks like it goes around a screw and connects that way. But where and what screw?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Ok, that is just an earth lead, so it goes on the biggest chunk of metal you can find. Ideally it has to connect to the bridge or the strings somehow, if not just tuck it out of the way in a screw so it doesn't touch anything, all it does is ground the electronics to stop a risk of buzzing

That's the weird thing. It hasn't come from the bridge as the hole from the cavity to the bridge is only wide enough for a wire. So it's been somewhere else. 

Could it go around the screw for the p pickups? Or the j pick up?

Thanks.

That's a great diagram, thanks.

The wire to the bridge is there. It goes from the j pickup pot.

The black wire from the p pickup pot goes to neck pickup, so I've done that (put ring connector around the screw and screwed it down).

It all works great now! Cheers.