Why become a member? ×

Alright Peeps

katana_manatee

Hey peeps, thought I may as well give the old obligatory introduction thread.

I've been playing bass for about seven years now and I am an alumnus of the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance's diploma and I hail from (not so) sunny Glasgow.

I've been stalking this forum for the past few days after a friend of mine from another forum pointed this one out and it looks like you have a good place here, it is far less juvenile than some of the other forums I have visited in the past.

I look forward to our many future discussions. :)

Steve.

Edited by katana_manatee

Ha ha, yeah, perhaps less juvenile is a bit of an understatement. :)

There are certainly a lot of experienced players around here. I used to go on bassworld when it was kicking about but for a while it seemed to stagnate a little so I stopped visiting and then the thing just disappeared entirely.

I am used to the sputnikmusic bass forum, which is less a bass forum and more a "Listen to my new song and praise me lots" kind of forum...

[quote name='leschirons' post='357471' date='Dec 18 2008, 12:22 AM']One of my last replies was about remembering Spangles, but welcome aboard anyway.[/quote]

Wasn't it Mark E Smith who said "Spangles were always crap!"... at least that was my experience of them.

Welcome to the forum!

[quote name='elom' post='358465' date='Dec 19 2008, 12:45 AM']Hey Katana,

welcome to the forum.

Please tell me that you chose that name because you play a Fender Katana. The only Fenders worth playing are the pointy ones but these guys won believe me!

elom[/quote]

Hey Elom,

Actually I got this name about 8 years ago from a Metal Gear Solid name generator. :huh:

You put your name in and it gives you a Metal Gear Solid style code name and mine popped out as Katana Manatee and I thought, well not many people will use that as a net name so it stuck.

Never tried a Fender Katana actually... Never even knew they made one called that! Never really got into Fenders too much but I like a good jazz bass. I am thinking of trying to get a hold of the 24 fret jazz early next year before they all disappear since they were discontinued!

I'm a Schecter man at the moment, using a Custom 5 and Elite 4 and I had a Studio 4 fretless which was fantastic but I ended up selling it when I needed some spare cash but now I miss it. :)

Edit: Spangles eh... A little before my time! It's always a shame when they stop making a great sweet or chocolate bar. Was great when the Wispa came back again.

Edited by katana_manatee

[quote name='katana_manatee' post='358614' date='Dec 19 2008, 10:31 AM']Never tried a Fender Katana actually... Never even knew they made one called that![/quote]

Nobody else does either. The Katana and the Performer are Fender's forgotten basses!