madiskubu

Fender Jazz bass 1972 (surf green) SOLD
£1720
Estonia

previous owner bought it from Helsinki (FInland) where it was refinished aroung 1994-95 .Everything else (parts) are original.

Hi! Beautiful bass! But I think there's little information in the initial post about the bass, especially when it's this old. You're going to get lots of questions.

Just one from me: Are the pickups rewound? In the pictures, the wiring doesn't seem right for the period.

Thanks and good luck.

Yep, seems so :) I'll try to get some more information from previous owner. I'm not expert of vintage fenders. It sounds awsome, but my new strandberg boden bass sounds also awsome, so this one needs to go.

Did you ever get anymore info from the original owner to what is original on this bass as I am still interested

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marky Screen
      Jazz wiring loom taken from a MIM 5 string in good nick.
      Comes with grounding lead and screws for those that like to shield their cavities.
      UK postage inc. 

• By binkybongo
      DOB 7 March 1969
      Possible trades 4 string- MM Fender Overwater Lakland
      Cheers.
      Pictures and video added
      This is a true beauty I’ve decided should be with someone else who will treasure it and play it more then I and I.
      I had one of these the first time around - then Ricks, Celinder and CS basses but always hankered back to a real 60s Jazz - then this very special laid-back looking instrument came up.
      Alder body with ebony fretboard and beautiful maple binding by master luthier Jimmy Moon. 'Very comfortable A' profile slim neck - slimmer than '64 CSs I've owned.
      The neck is in lovely condition, has a subtle flaming and like the rest of the bass has acquired the sweetest sound, character and the authentic patina and feel only 50 years can give.
      Sounds just as you would expect - an authoritative true vintage tone with a wide palette and a comfortable 9lb.
      Originally sunburst - pictured, the previous owner who bought the bass new. It has all original pick ups and electronics.  
      He took it for a set up to a music dealer where some oik damaged the truss rod which is when Mr Moon was commissioned to make the bass unique.
      The ebony fingerboard is gorgeous and as you can see is set off by the understated mother of pearl dots.
      That’s it.
      Stay safe, stay healthy and stay in tune.
      Based near Manchester, could meet within reason, comes with substantial Fender case.
      PS - I am a professional photographer - the buyer will receive a Marcus Miller poster with my compliments. https://www.william-ellis.com/

VID_20201218_095246.mp4