madiskubu

Fender Jazz bass 1972 (surf green) SOLD
£1720
Estonia

previous owner bought it from Helsinki (FInland) where it was refinished aroung 1994-95 .Everything else (parts) are original.

Hi! Beautiful bass! But I think there's little information in the initial post about the bass, especially when it's this old. You're going to get lots of questions.

Just one from me: Are the pickups rewound? In the pictures, the wiring doesn't seem right for the period.

Thanks and good luck.

Yep, seems so :) I'll try to get some more information from previous owner. I'm not expert of vintage fenders. It sounds awsome, but my new strandberg boden bass sounds also awsome, so this one needs to go.

Did you ever get anymore info from the original owner to what is original on this bass as I am still interested

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bassaio
      LAST PRICE DROP £1250
      Gorgeous Bass made in Switzerland, by great luthier Tino Tedesco ():
      Body Ash with tonal Chambers
      Top Alder
      Neck quartesawn maple
      Fingerboard  birdseye maple
      Hipshot Tuners - Dunlop Straplocks - Pickup X-EMG Active
      ultralightweight

• By Higgie
      Barely used and as new, Fender Rumble 800 head. £420+postage, or can be collected from Brentwood.

• By Arnoldoc
      Selling my Atelier Z Jerry Barnes M265. Top of the line, hand made in Japan, 70s style bass from Atelier. Bought new a few weeks ago and in literally "as new" condition. Fantastic instrument and craftsmanship, but selling as I'm much more of a 60s pickup position / alder body guy. Easily nails the 70s super jazz, Marcus Miller type of tone. It has an upgraded electronics package (including a passive tone knob), adding additional versatility. 70s type of sound but without the huge weight! (pretty light for an ash 5 string). Currently setup with quite low action with no buzz at all.
      Jerry Barnes (Chic's bass player) signature model. 
      Specs:
      Neck : Maple with binding, 21 Frets
      Body : Ash
      Tuners : GOTOH 
      Bridge : Vintage-type
      Pickups : ATELIER Z JBZ-5
      Preamp : ATELIER Z EQ-M
      Control : F vol, R vol/switch A/P, Passive Tone, Stacked Bass/Trenble
      Colour : Vintage Natural gloss
      Gig Bag: Padded deluxe
      Sring spacing at bridge: 19mm
      Weight: 4.5kg
      Plenty of feedback:  

• By d_g
      NO LONGER FOR SALE
      See last post below for a new video demo!
      Tentatively putting my Overwater up for sale on here. I'm in no rush to sell it but open to sensible offers. Anyone in the SW London area is welcome to give it a try.
      Anyone who's played one of these knows the kind of quality you can expect from this. It was built for me in 2017 by Chris and the team and would cost around £3500 to have made now I believe. I originally ordered it with an East J Retro which I have since changed for a J Tone giving it a more vintage sound and the versatility of a passive tone control. It will also come with the extra capacitors which are easy to switch out to adjust the roll off of the tone control. I also swapped the pickups from Overwater Ceramic to OWs new Alnico ones. I will include both sets of pickups for the buyer and a Fender Hard Case.
      Spec is below, let me know if you have any questions, it's in very nearly perfect condition, a few marks on the headstock and a couple of tiny dinks on the top of the neck are pictured below. You are welcome to try in Chessington, KT9. I will also consider posting fully insured.
      - Maple 21 fret bolt on neck
      - Nut 46mm
      -19mm string spacing
      -MOP block inlays
      -3mm side dots (1mm bigger than standard for extra visibility)
      -Alder body
      -J Tone Preamp
      -OW Noiseless Alnico Pickups (Ceramics for more HiFi sound also included)
      -Hipshot Ultralight Tuners
      -Custom Seafoam Green Finish
      -35" scale
      Many thanks
      Dan

The tiny black mark in the picture below was just rubber and has now been cleaned off.