Why become a member? ×

Howard The Bass Doctor :-(

Billy Apple

1 minute ago, walshy said:

I have used Howard/BassDoc for about 30 years and still do to this day. Never ever had a problem from running repairs, set ups right through to full builds. He has had many of my basses in that time, most fairly expensive fender type things and I have never had an issue. Sorry to hear anyone has,  irrelevant of the sums of money involved, and I am sure things can be sorted directly without a public execution on here. Surprised its a General Discussion topic tbh.

OK Paul, how? Because I've emailed him on numerous occasions with no reply. I even asked you for help when you posted here that you were selling a bass that was going to be checked by him. I had given up because I thought he had ceased trading, and your sale was the first that I'd been aware he was still going.

And I don't accept that I'm being the bad man here. I tried phoning, emailing, speaking to members here via PM and sending a friend to his house. Short of legal action this is my last option. Also, I have to add that it's easy to have an opinion, but I (and others) lost money and time.

As it happens, because of this there has now been contact, but it's been a long time coming. We'll see what transpires.

• Sad 1