Why become a member? ×

Quick update on my new/dodgy amp situation

Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='362396' date='Dec 23 2008, 10:20 PM']Decided I'm not going to throw good money after bad on this so anyone who thinks they might be able to fix it and who's prepared to come by Beedster Towers (Junction 10 M25) to collect it is more than welcome to take it away. Might be a really simple fix or might be a no goer, but there it is.......
Chris[/quote]

Really sorry you have been stitched up

Why dont you at least get a price for fixing it

a £50 fix and a £150 sale is surely better than just throwing your money away.

I can reccomend Steves amps in godalming

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='johnnylager' post='362501' date='Dec 24 2008, 07:52 AM']I cannot recommend Peter Hall in Brighton.[/quote]
No? He did a good job resurrecting my Superbass 100 and the price seemed fair for a major overhaul and complete revalve.

Hope yours gets sorted soon and without too much additional cost Chris.

[quote name='WalMan' post='374050' date='Jan 8 2009, 02:02 PM']No? He did a good job resurrecting my Superbass 100 and the price seemed fair for a major overhaul and complete revalve.[/quote]
Funnily enough, I was speaking to a gadgey the other day who also had his valve amp well fettled by him. On the flipside, he kept my Peavey Combo 300 for about 2 or 3 aeons, failed to fix it despite telling me he had and charged me £75. It was a Peavey - all it needed was a bloody good kick.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='374075' date='Jan 8 2009, 02:18 PM']Funnily enough, I was speaking to a gadgey the other day who also had his valve amp well fettled by him. On the flipside, he kept my Peavey Combo 300 for about 2 or 3 aeons, failed to fix it despite telling me he had and charged me £75. It was a Peavey - all it needed was a bloody good kick.[/quote]

You are a pompey fan for f... sake, dont you know thats first solution to all problems.

[quote name='bumnote' post='374164' date='Jan 8 2009, 03:57 PM']You are a pompey fan for f... sake, dont you know thats first solution to all problems.[/quote]

Hold the phone, someone else living in Pompey isn't a Pompey fan? sh*t the bed, I thought I was alone.

[quote name='Buzz' post='374167' date='Jan 8 2009, 04:01 PM']Hold the phone, someone else living in Pompey isn't a Pompey fan? sh*t the bed, I thought I was alone.[/quote]

Where did you get that idea from?

I just repeated what anyfuleno in portsmouth, if something dont work you address it with a dockyard screwdriver

• 4 weeks later...

Got the head back. Repair bill was just shy of £60 to repair a couple of loose connections and replace a couple of blown components. TBH I wasn't really paying attention to which these were but it suffices to say the problem was likely more than a loose connection caused by any damage in transit.
With postage, petrol and repair bill it would have been cheaper to buy new - we live and learn ;)
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='398074' date='Feb 2 2009, 04:54 PM']Got the head back. Repair bill was just shy of £60 to repair a couple of loose connections and replace a couple of blown components. TBH I wasn't really paying attention to which these were but it suffices to say the problem was likely more than a loose connection caused by any damage in transit.
With postage, petrol and repair bill it would have been cheaper to buy new - we live and learn ;)
Chris[/quote]
Good news, Chris.. that it's now working I mean, not that you've had to shell out another £60 for it!

So when are you selling it? :P