Why become a member? ×

Yet another string ID please

Paul S

Over the weekend I fished various sets of flats out from my spare strings draw and fitted them on to a P bass to see which I preferred - this for my new blues band. 

I have some very thick gauge, extremely high tension that look like silver snakes with black silks at the top.  These were too uncompromising, albeit nice and thuddy.  I think they may be La Bella 760FS?  Anyway, matters not as they are too tight.

Then I tried a set of thinner gauge that were not ground so smoothly - if you run your nail along them you can still feel ridges albeit slightly -  red silks both ends and far lower tension.  Much brighter tone, brass ball ends.  I like these a lot - they sounded lush at yesterday's rehearsal.  Trouble is I can't for the life of me remember which ones they are.  I'd like to fit a set of these to my 5 string but it would be extremely handy to know which they are - are there enough clues in my description?

Muchas gracias!

Paul

strings.jpg

• 2 weeks later...