Why become a member? ×

NBD: Ibanez Grooveline

Aliwobble

Decided it was time to treat myself to a new bass 😀, and what’s the point of that if I don’t share it with like-minded individuals.  The look takes a little getting used to, but the comfort and finishing is top notch!  The sound is very classy. Less agressive than my SR1200, and not as mellow as my 004.  Much happiness.

9BD8A3C7-CF4B-4FE3-8335-0F876607C3B7.jpeg

57D1D6B0-08E3-41DD-B89C-5BCE3E0C801F.jpeg

166AD8CD-9D74-4984-8D20-4DD9B3C8BEF0.jpeg

6F5EDA3B-9098-4221-B5FE-F67F3B401F57.jpeg

Edited by Aliwobble
  • Like 7

Interesting bass. This was all about ergonomics... They did a '5' and '6' also. So this all about how it plays... The thing is, from outset these were super-expensive basses compared with their other lines. Now Ibanez can do a great budget and mid-priced bass - possibly more than any company but this one started at a sky-price...

47 minutes ago, visog said:

Interesting bass. This was all about ergonomics... They did a '5' and '6' also. So this all about how it plays... The thing is, from outset these were super-expensive basses compared with their other lines. Now Ibanez can do a great budget and mid-priced bass - possibly more than any company but this one started at a sky-price...

Yeah, that might explain why it was not a big seller.  My SR1200 is from their Indonesian “premium” line, and  cost about $1800. The  groove line was originally $2800. It is a step up in quality, but not a massive one.