Why become a member? ×

Using you fine people for a bit of market research :)

sam_

[quote name='Delberthot' post='346984' date='Dec 6 2008, 02:12 AM']Are you actually planning on doing this or is it all hypothetical?[/quote]
purely hypothetical for an assignment, it needed to be media sector related and i couldn't really think of anything else that was kinda viable that didn't already have a strong contender in the market haha.

I'm personally not a fan of ramps - don't dislike them as sych, just never managed to find them beneficial.

I do think that a range of ramps tailored to specific basses would sell though as they do seem popular, especially on Talkbass as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Cheers
Alun

[quote name='BigRedX' post='347138' date='Dec 6 2008, 11:24 AM']Although I'm a big fan of ramps, I've voted no.

The most recent custom bass I had made has a ramp, but it was part of the design of the bass to give a near uniform surface from the end of the fingerboard to the bridge pickup:

It was done because I like the feeling of playing over the fingerboard on fretless basses but because of this I was missing out on tones by not moving my right-hand position. This bass solves all those problems for me.

Looking at my other fretless bass that might now benefit from a similar treatment I'm thinking that it wouldn't be easy - especially on those that have a radiused top.

I also play with a pick, but I use a different bas for that.[/quote]
That bass is gorgeous!