Why become a member? ×

Someone buy this T40

dangerboy

[quote name='dangerboy' post='345780' date='Dec 4 2008, 06:21 PM']This is so beautiful with the rosewood...

[url="http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adverts.showadvert/index-1031577226/f73517db.html"]http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-adver...6/f73517db.html[/url][/quote]

MB1. :)
Not for me personally !...quite a good site that though! Ta! :huh:

I'd say that the price is ok, definately not cheap. It seems to be original and functioning as well as in good condition.

Mine cost me £195 on eBay and was a bargain. It's not in such good condition but it aint bad and it all works. I bunged a new pickguard on tho.

These are feck off heavy beasts mind. Alarmingly so! But they are also bullet proof.

They are a bit Ric like in tone (also passive) and the controls are pretty much unique. The tone controls double as single coil/humbucker switches.

I reckon the price is about right - normal eBay price is 250-300, but that's for the more common finishes. Black with a rosewood board is quite sought-after and pretty rare.

There are people out there who claim there's a difference between the blade and non-blade T40 pickups, which might affect the value.

Some T-40 trivia - according to the manual, the humbuckers in a T-40 are tapped to be single coils by the tone control. With tone at 10 they are single coil, then as you get below 7 they become humbuckers. I always wondered why they sounded so single coil-y.