Why become a member? ×

SWR SM400 *ON HOLD PENDING*
£149

4 candles

Howdy Basschatters

Up for grabs is one of 2 SWR amps that im selling due to me making some room.  This is a legendary, pre-Fender SWR SM400 stereo bass amplifier. This is a killer amp with a great reputation for durability and fabulous sound.  Its seen plenty of action and as a result is a bit scuffed and scratched/worn in places and also needs a service (I was quoted £60)  due to crackling nobs/pots but functions well other than that.  This is reflected in the price.

Collection from Birmingham or I can post to anywhere in the U.K in a hard flight case for an additional £25.  Im often travelling around so shout me up and I may be able to deliver if you are neer by  

The SWR SM 400 bass amplifier features an all valve preamp section, a limiter using Field Effect Transistors, tone and equalizer controls utilizing Integrated Circuits and two individual power amps employing discreet, solid state devices.  

The power amplifiers in the SM-400 can be used individually to provide full bi-amp capabilities when used with the built-in adjustable electronic crossover or can function as stereo, 200 watt power units. If you need more power, the amps can be bridged for 400 Watts @ 8 ohms or 420 watts @ 4 ohms.
Front panel features include Hi and Low Gain input jacks, Gain and Master Volume controls, Integral Limiter and an exclusive feature we call an Aural Enhancer. Tonal flexibility is achieved with Bass and Treble controls and a 4 band Variable Graphic Equalizer. The Crossover Frequency Control adjusts the crossover points of the electronic crossover and the Balance control adjusts the levels of the two power amps when used in the stereo mode.

The back panel features and XLR Balanced Out switchable for direct and line out, Crossover High and Low Frequency Output jacks, and Mono and Stereo Effects loops. A power amp assign switch selects stereo or bridge mode and for speaker outputs, there are two jacks each for left and right out or one banana jack for mono operation.

Thanks for looking

IMG_0026.JPG.619585990d2f735fb03b494e0f3dd490.JPGIMG_0029.JPG.2048e6b7d6562e4b445a2b908920ae12.JPGIMG_0032.JPG.41f2b7229e5b6190ce6fbfef4583bb5b.JPGIMG_0033.JPG.0b2511d8303d884250c07618bde228f8.JPG

Edited by 4 candles
  • Like 3

To make it worse, it did not actually work when I got it up on the fridge. The good news is that they gave me a spare full range side fill which was quite something with a 41" scale bottom B on an NS5 EUB. 

• Haha 1