Why become a member? ×

Hartke LH500 Direct Out issue...Help!!

aquiel

Hi,

I am having a problem onstage in that the DI out is sending a very very weak signal to the desk that is practically unusable say's the sound guy. I found out that the output is 'pre' eq, I'm not great with this kind of thing so any advice would be appreciated! 

I was also using a V amp pro pre amp which when taken from it's DI, was perfectly fine, unfortunately that unit died a death so I had to use the DI from the Hartke, which is when we discovered this issue. 

1st thing I would suggest is to use this BC community to get your knowledge on DI/pre-post/mic-line level up. It really helps you if you know the basics and lots of folks are very willing to help.

The LH manual says:

DIRECT OUT - Use this electronically balanced XLR jack to route signal from the Model LH500 and LH1000 to a professional mixing console or as a tap to a main PA system via a mic input on the console. The signal output from this jack is low impedance (100 ohm) with an output level of approximately -30 to -20 dB. 

This indicates the DI is mic level. So will be percieved as “very soft” if the sound guy is expecting line level. So, maybe he needs to wake up.

But, perhaps your DIrect out is just broken. In which case I would buy a DI (Behringer supposedly has a 20£ Radial clone that is quite good). FX loop out will be post EQ, pre EQ will be after a pedal board, beforegoing into the amp.

Edited by HazBeen