Why become a member? ×

G&L BABP L1k on the way....

nig

I placed an order with mannys thru Bad ass bass players in the u.s for a limited edition G&L L1000 in April, I could pick body colour, neck finish, size and board, so last night from the shop I got an e mail with my first pic of my bass weighing in at an incredible 8 lb 3 oz I believe, nice n light, its now on its way to me for christmas... :)

Thanks guys, its a # 8 or jazz profile neck in satin finish, tobacco burst , its passive and has a standard MFD in the precision bass situation, not nearer the bridge like the L1500, the L1000 has been discontinued for many years so this was quite a coo, babp did a ltd edition L2000 last year, we hope for an el toro rerun next. :wub:

[quote name='guzzibass' post='344921' date='Dec 3 2008, 11:12 PM']Hi Nig - looks real lush. Here's my '89 L1000! :)

[/quote]

I'll send you my address for that, all donations are most welcomed...

President..G&L PROTECTION AND REHOUSING LEAGUE. :huh: :huh: :huh:

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='344935' date='Dec 3 2008, 11:23 PM']Most of that extra weight is the two 5-string MFDs.[/quote]

Guess you're right Dave, they sound pretty heavy :)

Having said that 10lb for a 5 string 'fender' shape aint too bad and the balance being as good as it is seems to make this ok (unlike my old Thumb bass which, despite being 8.5 lbs, killed my shoulder). It's going out for it's first 'extended' session tonight so we'll see how we go on but as it's unlikely to ever be my main gigging bass (I can find all the notes I need on a 4 for the band's set) I'm quite happy to use it sat down if necessary! These G&L things are a bit of a 'unsung hero' sort of bass, I'd prefer to keep hold of this one. More trips to the Gym may be necessary.........

Edited by martthebass

Bass turned up by fed ex, 3 days, nyc to newark, to memphis, to stanstead, to chelmsford, to me. Well new g&l hiscox case is pants, it doesnt line up and lock close, bass however is a stunner, D string frets out on first fret and neck way out, climate and humidity I guess , cos this morning its straight as an arrow, sound amazing , its hard to believe its passive, finish is stunning, at rehearsals tonight...

Im not really this ugly, im actually uglier..I didnt take this off all night, a bit of right hand adjustment as the pup is in the p bass position rather than nearer the bridge as im used to but its an amazing passive bass, the 3 position switch does parallel, series and series with bass boost. anyone who dont play leos best kept secret should try one. :)

Edited by nig