Why become a member? ×

Five basses in, I'm starting to realise I'm just a P kinda guy

mingsta

50 minutes ago, mingsta said:

Go for it! Mine's a metro but the build quality is superb. I can only dream of an NYC, but as I'm not in to exotic woods and find the 9lb is fine for 2.5 hr gigs it's probably all the bass I'll ever need. 

Likewise with the exotic woods. I am a big fan of understated excellence - I’d much rather have a Maserati than a Bugatti. I am dead set on an NYC though as it has been my dream for as long as I’ve been playing. I know the Metros are very highly regarded, but if I were to get one the GAS would still remain for an NYC. Irrational, sure, but I HAVE to do it no matter how long it takes to save up the pennies. It may be a Satin or a used NYC but I’ll get there. 

Edited by ianrendall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mingsta said:

Go for it! Mine's a metro but the build quality is superb. I can only dream of an NYC . . . . .

I've been thinking that for a couple of years and in that time I've checked out at least half a dozen Sadowsky Jazz basses, including a chambered NYC, a Modern, PJ, a Satin and some other Metros.

They all sound good, but so far, I'm just preferring the sound of my Metro RV5 Jazz. Now I'm not sure that I need an NYC at all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chris_b said:

I've been thinking that for a couple of years and in that time I've checked out at least half a dozen Sadowsky Jazz basses, including a chambered NYC, a Modern, PJ, a Satin and some other Metros.

They all sound good, but so far, I'm just preferring the sound of my Metro RV5 Jazz. Now I'm not sure that I need an NYC at all.

It’s that thing where we think the more expensive thing is better. Even when it’s probably just different 

• Like 2