Why become a member? ×

behringer hd400?

gafbass02

[quote name='umph' post='343941' date='Dec 3 2008, 12:12 PM']just power by batterys or use a decent power supply to filter out any electrical interference[/quote]

I'm using a gator gbus but I get noise with or without fx through headphones or amp and on all basses unless I touch metal and even then there is still some noise. I shielded all my basses which helped but still buzzy.

At my practice studio absolutely everything that plugs in is noisy as f*ck. EG I had a pedal board set up with 25 odd pedals on it, and everyone said "that must be SOOOO noisy" etc, and naturally I just accepted that my board was awfully noisy. However, I noticed that at gigs, it was never noisy at all! Same goes for my amps, the PA, even my computer speakers. I figure it's just the wiring in my practice studio.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one of these.
It's simply two 1:1 transformers.
It breaks 'ground loops' between different pieces of equipment.
It might make a difference to problems from mains / dimmer noise but may not have very much effect in a typical instrument / home setup with unbalanced wiring.
If it's dimmer noise it'll be picked up by your pickups ( makes sense !)
Dimmers are bad news as standard dimmers chop the mains which causes much noise both on the electrical cabling and radiated.
One way to test - does the noise change in terms of frequency balance when the dimmer is turned to different positions ?
Also - don't forget that a dimmer light fitting may be hanging below you if there's a room below you - my own experience.
A ceiling doesn't provide much shielding.

Short of installing a dedicated spur I'd say run a good filter block from one or more sockets and try running all your audio stuff from them.

[quote name='gafbass02' post='343769' date='Dec 3 2008, 08:00 AM']My house is really buzzy, im sure its to do with dimmer switches and crappy wiring im sure some of the noise is airbourne, would one of these stand any sort of a chance?[/quote]