Why become a member? ×

FS: Kubicki/AllParts/Fender Precision **SOLD**
£400

Beedster

This has been my main bass for a while now but I don't use the back PUP at all and I've recently grown to appreciate the virtues of oiled necks. I was going to split but it works really well as is - in fact the neck joint is outstanding and feels like neck and body were made for each other - so it seems a shame to do so. I also have one too many Precisions :)

Spec is below

It's a truly stunning instrument wit quite a lot of natural playwear/mojo. There's some little black dots at the far end of the fingerboard that I can only imagine are from cigarette ash. Your guess is as good as mine. Moderate weight for a Precision. 

Happy for courier or collection from Canterbury

Cheers

Chris

IMG_7833.thumb.JPG.4f78f9cce0ffef4e6347f4fdeb408ac3.JPGIMG_7842.thumb.JPG.588f44fb1b6d4c8a2cf6b5fd4ef3e801.JPGIMG_7835.thumb.JPG.6b66bcf171f1a62789bf2e5cc1ee2348.JPGIMG_7840.thumb.JPG.699d1d6f6d89da4de5274ffbf172fc04.JPGIMG_7836.thumb.JPG.c21da0152d854472761582d86649cbdd.JPGIMG_7837.thumb.JPG.d9ed03b7e133c37a7b291c4bcc26fed7.JPGIMG_7838.thumb.jpg.ce9cfd597b6c6ed82d4a2a525e879ed2.jpg

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Yes, forgot to mention that, think it was also a little costly :)

The whole thing goes together marvellously. If I hadn't just recently spent my wad on a box (bought a combo), this would be mine...

Edited by discreet

8 minutes ago, discreet said:

The whole thing goes together marvellously. If I hadn't just recently spent my wad on a box (bought a combo), this would be mine...

Thanks mate, yes it really is a rather complete instrument functionally and aesthetically. I'd go so far as to say that in terms of quality of woods and build it's Custom Shop level, it also resonates really nicely. upgrading the PUPs to something slightly more special - Fralins at the neck perhaps and a split-able PUP at the bridge allowing both humbucker and single-coil options - would probably turn this into a very special bass. 

35 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Thanks mate, yes it really is a rather complete instrument functionally and aesthetically. I'd go so far as to say that in terms of quality of woods and build it's Custom Shop level, it also resonates really nicely. upgrading the PUPs to something slightly more special - Fralins at the neck perhaps and a split-able PUP at the bridge allowing both humbucker and single-coil options - would probably turn this into a very special bass. 

I'd fit a CS 62 P pickup. Pure fantasy, of course. 9_9

Edited by discreet