Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD. 2004 CIJ Fender Geddy Lee Signature Jazz Bass.
£750

vinorange

SOLD

Up for sale only is my immaculate and wonderful playing 2004 Crafted in Japan Fender Geddy Lee Signature Jazz Bass with original Fender padded gig bag.

All basses are created equal but some are more equal than others. I’ve had 5 Japanese Geddy Lee basses and this one plays miles better than the others. I don’t know why but it feels and sounds amazing - a different league than my other GL signatures. Whoever gets this will be extremely pleased.

The GL signature features a wonderfully skinny neck which is 1.5” at the nut with black binding and block inlays (the early Jap ones are real block inlays not painted on), amazingly gnarly USA 72 reissue jazz pickups, a badass II bridge, cloth wired cts pots and it weighs in at 8.5lbs. This has just been set up with new rotosound rounds, the back of the gloss neck has been knocked back a little with 0000 grade steel wool so it plays as smooth as an oiled neck and it plays brilliantly.

It has had one very minor tiny ding near the bridge pickup which has been filled with black gloss, sanded flat and polished so is unnoticeable from further than a foot away (depends on your vision of course). The rest is almost like it’s unplayed, no fret wear, no other scratches or swirls. Amazing condition and playing.

Im based near Chester so it can be tried, inspected or collected. I can meet up, deliver or ship it insured double boxed with UPS.

Here’s what Fender say;

The bass features an alder body, a C-shaped maple neck with a maple fingerboard with black binding and black rectangular inlays. Also featuring two vintage Jazz Bass single-coil pickups.  Fender Product OverviewMean, mean stride! The Geddy Lee Jazz Bass guitar is an exact replica of the tonally singular instrument that Rush's revered bassist/vocalist has riffed away on in front of thousands of devoted fans worldwide and on many a mega-selling album. The bass has an alder body; the one-piece C-shaped maple neck (thin) has a maple fingerboard with black binding and black rectangular inlays. The two vintage Jazz Bass single-coil pickups crackle with life and bristle with the energy.Other features include chrome hardware, vintage-style tuning machines and a Fender hi-mass bridge. - 665427.

• Body: Alder
  • Neck: 1-Piece Maple, Thin "C" Shape,(Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
  • Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" Radius (241mm)
  • No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
  • Pickups: 2 Vintage Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups

Edited by vinorange
Sold

A little price tweak. £725 posted for the best Geddy Lee Jazz I’ve ever played including USA models. This is seriously good and sounds amazing. I’ve had it in a shoot out with my 2 Aerodyne Jazz basses and a vintage Jap Jazz loaded with GL 72 reissue pickups and it beats them by a country mile.

14 hours ago, ead said:

Probably me being dense but I can't see anything about possible trades?  Are you after anything in particular?

I was open to trades but then something happened (GAS induced trigger finger) so I’d rather sell it straight. 

If there’s anything 4 string and Fendery with cash my way then I may be interested.

Edited by vinorange