Why become a member? ×

Immaculate 1988 Japanese Olympic white loaded with Geddy Lee pickups. SOLD
£695

vinorange

£600 including uk postage.

Possible trade for any Mexican fender (white P with maple neck would be perfect) with cash my way.

Up for sale is my immaculate 30 year old 1988 Made in Japan Fender Jazz 4 string bass.

It’s loaded with Geddy Lee USA 72 reissue pickups, CTS pots, switchcraft jack and is cloth wired. It’s a vintage JB355 Japan made bass, has a maple neck with dark rosewood fretboard with jumbo frets, 1,5” at the nut. These early Japanese basses are well renowned for wonderful build quality and this is no exception.

It has been professionally refinished (back to its original colour) in Olympic white nitro cellulose with a Japan reissue red tort pickguard and looks brand new. 

The neck is in incredible shape for 30 years old and has no nicks or dents and hardly any fretwear although just to make sure it has has been fully set up including minor fret level, crown and polish, relief, intonation and action set, lemon oil fretboard treatment and new strings. 

It plays fantastically with wonderful low action, no fret buzz and a lovely growl from those Geddy Lee pickups. It has a fantastic feel to it, is incredibly well made (as these vintage Japanese basses always are) and sounds amazing. It weighs 4.4kg.

It comes with a high quality, very sturdy Gator case.

Can be viewed, tried / collected near Chester but will post anywhere insured via UPS.

Edited by vinorange
Sold

1 hour ago, karlfer said:

Gutted you sold that 1983 split scratchplate piece of naughtiness so damn fast :facepalm:

'Av a bermp.

Thanks Karl.

Your friend Ash snaffled it. It was quite an unusual one too! I forgot I’d fitted a thumb cove so it was a bargain in the end!