Why become a member? ×

Rare 2005 Non Export Fender Japan Aerodyne Jazz Bass. Year 2005. SOLD.
£675

vinorange

£600 including new faux leather case and uk postage.

Possible trade for any Mexican fender (white P with maple neck would be perfect) with cash my way.

Up for sale is my rare non export version of the Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass. Made in 2005 for the Japanese market it differs from the export version I’m that it has a pickguard and the chrome hardware is non smoked.

This one has just had a full set up including fret level, crown and polish, relief, action and intonation set, lemon oil fretboard treatment and new rotsound strings. It plays really nicely with very low action and sounds big, the combination of precision and jazz pickups giving it a good thump with added twang! It’s very light 3.8kg using kitchen scales and comes with Dunlop strap pins and locks. I’m not sure if these non export versions have different pickups but it sounds bigger and more powerful than export versions I’ve had.

Condition wise, the front is pretty much unmarked with a couple of dents that aren’t through the paint and the back has a few surface scratches, one filled dent and odd bits of play wear. There is also the start of a very slight hairline crack in the lacquer on the back (not the wood).

Has a brand new gear4music faux leather case so can be posted anywhere.

Edited by vinorange
Sold
  • Like 1

Stunning bass. I have the same model, much prefer the looks to the more common export model. Super-light, easy to play, good sound, and just somehow has real presence. Good price too. Someone should really buy this... 

(No connection to the seller, just love the bass!) 

• Like 1