Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Talman.

mikel

My Talman has just died :(

As it is a xmas present to myself I haven't really played it but thought I would put some halfrounds on it as the strings it came with are far too 'Clacky'

Played for about 30 minutes and then the sound went weird ( I was playing through a B3N and headphones) so thought it was the battery in the headphones ) changed that and the battery in the bass but the output is still all over the place.

Will have to take it back tomorrow - the shop I got it from aren't listing any more in stock either (it's a limited edition) 🤤

On 07/11/2018 at 12:03, Osiris said:

@scrumpymike that looks as though it's possibly an ex-demo model that's been booted around the shop before being posted out to you. The one I bought used was in better condition! But hats of to PMT for sorting it out - even if they should never have sent it out in that condition in the first place. 

Let us know how you get on with the short scale Jaguar, they seem to be very well regarded and I'd like to know what you think of it as I'm thinking of possibly picking one up myself. 

Fyi I'm liking the Jag very much indeed - so much so that I may even invest in a set of ultra-light machine heads to correct the slight neck imbalance.  They're expensive but I'll remove them if/when I sell the bass.

17 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Fyi I'm liking the Jag very much indeed - so much so that I may even invest in a set of ultra-light machine heads to correct the slight neck imbalance.  They're expensive but I'll remove them if/when I sell the bass.

Cheers @scrumpymike In that case Osiris junior might find himself getting one for Christmas even though he has no interest in learning to play :lol: