Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a pedal

TomRandles97

I’ve been using my friends OBNE Haunt lately as a change from the muff that I normally use. Last night I turned up the fuzz all the way, which sounded great, and when I stopped playing it just squealed with feedback and clanky noise. I’ve recently started a noise rock band (alla Girl Band) and I think it’d be cool to have a fuzz that I could put on just for this kind of sound. However the Haunt is a bit pricey for me, especially considering that I’m only going to be using it for the purpose of making a horrendous racket, which I expect I’d be able to get with a cheaper pedal. Anyone have any recommendations for any pedals that would do this?

23 hours ago, tonyquipment said:

Hmm If I was in your position I would explore the cheap end of the scale with budget gated fuzz pedals. I’m sure behringer has something in their ever growing catalogue. 

The gated part will stop the squealing pig sounds 

Yeah, I've thought about checking out some behringer. And the squealing pig sounds is what I'm after! I thought it was cool how when I turned it on it could go from fuzzy bass to feedback by just muting the strings. 

On 27/10/2018 at 12:58, TomRandles97 said:

Yeah, I've thought about checking out some behringer. And the squealing pig sounds is what I'm after! I thought it was cool how when I turned it on it could go from fuzzy bass to feedback by just muting the strings. 

Well if you want squealing pig sounds then distortion and od with feedback. I think boss did a DF1 or something like that yellow or orange box that was a distortion feedbacker. You hold the pedal and it sustains the note or whatever.  

On 27/10/2018 at 18:16, radiophonic said:

I'd have thought something by Zvex (pricey though). Our guitar player has a Fat Fuzz factory and it can be set to be wildly unstable. In fact getting something reproducibly stable out of it can be a challenge.

I second the Fat Fuzz Factory. I had one and sold it here (maybe I should’ve kept it) it can do super tight gate or wild self-oscillation. There a plenty of sounds to be had from it.

Getting a stable sound is easy as long as you have the “stab” control up past about 1 o’clock. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1