Why become a member? ×

Sponsorship for my second album
£10

Brook_fan

Hi All, I hope this is deemed acceptable - I have run fowl foul of another instrumental forum trying to post this.

I am trying to raise money to get my second album recorded.  I have fallen on tough times financially just lately, having had to take up some 0 hour contract supply teaching.  I won’t go into all the ins and outs- I explain in my gofundme campaign below.

I have already made a start on my album, having recorded about 10 tracks.  I’ve got about 4 more to go.  I am not asking for something for nothing- any donations will enable to sponsor to have an album free of charge when it is finally completed.  There is a lot of work to go- once recorded I will then need to spend some time mixing, and possibly adding the overdubs (bass and mandolin) that I would like on one or two tracks.  I will then need some money to enable artwork to be completed and the whole project finally duplicated on to CD.

As I say in my gofundme, if there is any money left over I would like to be able to buy an instrument again.  Currently I am borrowing a Brook guitar from a very good friend, and an acoustic bass very kindly lent to me by a forum member.  I have tentatively reserved some rather special wood at Brook with a custom build in mind, but this may not happen for another couple of years.

Anyway, here is my campaign:

https://www.gofundme.com/robbies-second-album&rcid=r01-154046240432-c9eceaff9a034c3f&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

And here is a link to my first album, to give you some idea of what is in the works:

https://robbiej1.bandcamp.com/album/the-road-to-easterbrook-and-other-journeys

Thank you for reading,

Robbie

Edited by Dad3353
Spelling.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Can you put together a business case for a bank loan?

That's not a facetious answer. I played in a band in Brighton and got a bank loan to cover the full costs of our first album, using gig income, projected sales etc.

Good enough idea Steve, but to be brutally honest, I’ve never made any money out of the music I make, so I doubt if a bank would lend me any money, even if I was more credit worthy than I currently am! With my last album. I probably gave away more CDs than I sold, in a bid to get gigs.  The reason I am recording a second album is that I have music in me that I just need to get out!! I know that sounds a bit lame 😒 But its true, I don’t do it for the money, I do it because I love the whole process of writing, recording and hopefully seeing other people enjoy what I do !

Robbie

13 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Maybe it would help if you posted a snippet or a link to some of the songs on your first album, so people have some idea of what they're buying into? 

I did! The link to my “Road to Easterbrook “ album in my Bandcamp Page is there, and there is a video within the gofundme page. I tried to think of everything!

• Like 2