Why become a member? ×

Bit of advice on C A D G tuning please

Jimothey

I'm a bit lazy and can't be arsed to keep drop tuning my basses so I have 1 kept at standard tuning (also drop D), 1in Eb tuning and 1 that I might keep at  C A D G tuning as Im playing more stuff in that tuning but I'm finding the E tuned down a C far to floppy would it be better to put a B string on it and tune up to a C instead so the tension is better or would that put too much strain on a standard 4 string neck?? 

Edited by Jimothey

41 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Is that the later stuff? I have only ever done little monster and that was drop C

All the tabs I've seen for little monster is CADG which I suppose could be drop c tuning depending on what your definition of drop c tuning is?? 

13 hours ago, Jimothey said:

I'm a bit lazy and can't be arsed to keep drop tuning my basses so I have 1 kept at standard tuning (also drop D), 1in Eb tuning and 1 that I might keep at  C A D G tuning as Im playing more stuff in that tuning but I'm finding the E tuned down a C far to floppy would it be better to put a B string on it and tune up to a C instead so the tension is better or would that put too much strain on a standard 4 string neck?? 

For a normal 5 string set a low B string tuned up to C will be lower tension than the standard E.

Have a look at D'Addrario's string tension guide.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jimothey said:

All the tabs I've seen for little monster is CADG which I suppose could be drop c tuning depending on what your definition of drop c tuning is?? 

Drop C would be everything down a tone then C down again, so C G C F. Thats the way I played it, and assumed they did.

- edit

Like this: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/royal_blood/little_monster_bass_1476090

Edited by Woodinblack