Why become a member? ×

ritter copy?

steve

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Custom-made-4-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Black-New_W0QQitemZ250143814432QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]it's here[/url] and I quite like the look of it, but I'll bet it plays like sh*te and sounds worse. Anyone heard of Ktone?

I dont think its even a good attempt at the ritter shape. The ritter Jupiter is a work of art, I know some people dont like it but it is stunning in the flesh. Go and have a look at the origonal and it will put you off it in seconds.

I wouldn't buy it, looks like rubbish. Plus its not nice to support someone ripping off a private builder even if it is a poor copy and even if ritter do sell their basses for outragous prices lol. But then again Id be tempted to buy a ritter just to hang on the wall instead of a painting.

FreakBass hell - I'd buy that for a tenner! :)

Does "looks like rubbish" translate as "looks like an oriental mass-produced instrument"? Because that's what it looks like to me.

K-Tone will be a brand name thought up by whoever's comissioned/imported these - it's not a manufacturer. If it plays like sh!te then at less than £150 delivered, it likely won't break the bank to get a setup done, similarly if it sounds crap, a better pup wouldn't be unreasonable. Hardware looks OK to me.

Really, apart from the styling, it's a generic budget bass, probably made in China & probably not as crap quality as you might imagine. As far as the design's concerned - yes, it's a Ritter Jupiter knockoff (of sorts) and that's copyright theft just like any other copy of an original design. However, Ritter's low-profile & niche enough that it's hard to see that the likes of this would constitute any threat to their market!

Jon.

Here's a quote fitting to the occation from the recent Ritter newsletter.

[quote][b]The News July 2007:
[u]1. Illegal Ritter Copies [/u][/b]
At eBay they sell basses looking like my Roya, Okon and Jupiter Designs. These are all illegal knockoffs in bad quality. I don't cooperate with other producers and I don't sell my designs to mass production companies! I would also like to point out that the smear campaign starting last December throughout Germany about Daniel and me not building our instruments by ourselves is a downright lie. I assure you that all Ritter Basses are handmade by Daniel and me as you can always have a look at visiting my workshop.[/quote]

Looks like a cheap knock-off.

The text says "This is a Very High Quality Professional Custom made 4 String Electric Bass Guitar, Black in Brand New Condition. This Guitar is All Hand-Craft work and provides Highest Quality Song." which smells a bit fishy, as the Galveston guitar says pretty much the same: "This is a Very High Quality DeluxeTravel Electric Guitar Black w/ Gig Bag in Brand New Condition. This Guitar is All Hand-Craft work and provides Highest Quality Song."