Why become a member? ×

Yikes! That's some dedication!

Barking Spiders

Recently saw a post on the 'What are you listening to'  thread showing some multi-instrumentalist fella playing Genesis and Rush stuff. Seems he's also a studio engineer and what not but says he's pretty much dedicated his life to music.  Just wondering whether anyone's here has a. had the inclination to do likewise and b. whether you have/had what it takes. Come on, no room for false modesty here. Blow your own trumpet, so to speak 🙂. Speaking for myself, I've always been too much of a dilettante to dedicate myself to one area of life. Too many interests and  distractions to keep me on a firm and steady course in one direction.

21 hours ago, TheGreek said:

"he's pretty much dedicated his life to music"...

That's a pretty definitive statement...No religious belief system?...no family? No other hobbies?

I bet if we explored it this in more detail he's really just very keen on his career choices.

what he says in an in interview I came across

I love music, have since I started playing when I was 12, but I also have a life. Family, friends and other interests. The secret? Learn to compartmentalise. Give 100% to what you are doing during the time you have available to do it.

Having said that, all the guy is doing is playing what someone else has already recorded. Time consuming to learn but hardly ground breaking.

Edited by mikel