Why become a member? ×

When a multi-laminate thru neck is a one piece set neck.......

lemmywinks

Maybe he just didn't hear you properly due to ear wax build up? Try him again, should be clear as a bell now if that bridge is anything to go by!

To be fair he does take clear photos of the dubious workmanship and people can choose to buy them or not, the bits that bother me are the over zealous sales patter and hyperboly which verges on (and is sometimes outright) dishonesty, whether the intention is to deceive or he genuinely believes it. I don't think you need to know anything about guitars to looks at some of his work and make a fair assessment of his woodworking abilities.

• 2 weeks later...

'I wanted to make a good gigging guitar hung for long sessions across your shoulder, so I chose a wood that resonates well but doesn't cut your neck off.

The guitar head has a popular decal but is like the whole guitar unbranded and is just a PCGC creation that I built the past ....'

Here he is, wittering on with the implication that he builds guitars. This is what really irks me about that fella, rather than the tinkering/bodging. He's been called out on this in the past but seems to take no need. 

The quote was taken from this auction:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strat-style-in-natural-wood-body-/192693094296?nav=SEARCH

He definitely does like to give the impression that he builds guitars and when called out on it he either doesn't respond or comes out with some rubbish that CNC means nobody builds guitars any more. Needless to say if he had a block of wood he would have no way of making an instrument out of it so luthier he aint - the end results are bad enough when he starts off with a fully functional guitar........

Also that PCGC has "Clusson style tuners" 😂

Just for comparison there's two unmolested Peavey Grind/Zephyr 5ers on eBay in much better condition for £250 and £285 which remain unsold, the last one to sell went for £191 (the market value) and had some attractive timber on it:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peavey-5-String-Bass-Guitar-/223150114233?hash=item33f4c885b9%3Ag%3Ak8MAAOSwr1Fbn4La&nma=true&si=ti6zvM5%2FcFms5S4QvWcmVDLZgN8%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Alarmingly it looks like MDP's butchered one has sold for £311, looks like P T Barnum was right and the bogus sales patter is working.