Why become a member? ×

Ibanez BTB456QM 6 String Bass with TI Flats - SOLD
£300

adamg67

Ibanez BTB456QM 6 String Bass with TI Flats

Loads of bass for the money, especially the neck which plays really well and IMO is as good as the neck on basses costing 4 times as much. Fitted with a fairly recent set of  Thomastik-Infeld flats, plus a full set of spare strings (mostly used older ones, apart from the A which is brand new). The strings + spares are probably worth £100 on their own, and being flats will last for a long time.

Plus a Stagg hard case with foam cut to fit - it looks a bit scruffy but it works really well for holding the bass in place.

Full specs:

35" scale 5 piece maple/walnut neck
Rosewood Finger Board
Basswood body w/Quilted Maple top
24 Medium frets
Rosewood Finger Board
Mono Rail II bridge
Ibanez pickups
Vari-Mid IIIB 18V pre amp

String spacing is 17mm

Made in Korea

The controls are volume, blend and a 3 band EQ, plus the mid control is a stacked knob with frequency on the lower ring, so you can change the frequency that the mid control affects - this is surpisingly useful for dialling in a tone. I've used this bass for everything from sweet clean to dirty rock sounds.

Strings are TI 33-136 (long scale, but they fit this, probably because of the mono bridge), like these: https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/strings-c1/sets-c865/bass-guitar-c34/thomastik-jazz-flatwound-jf326-bass-strings-33-136-nickel-6-string-p844 - these are the flats I always use now, I've got some on my Maruszczyk Elwood and they play and sound amazing on both.

In good condition, one or two small marks as you'd expect for its age. The strap buttons have been moved slightly to help the bass sit better. There are also 3 small holes in the back (I was experimenting with trying to get the bass to sit at more of a 45 degree angle to try and help my dodgy wrist).

The strap buttons are for a pair of marvel strap locks, which I can include, or I can swap it back to the original strap buttons.

I don't think it's worth trying to post a £300 bass, but I'm happy to drive a bit to meet up, starting from either BD20 (Silsden) or HX7 (Hebden Bridge).

Click on the pics for bigger versions (which can be zoomed more as well):

BTB-01.thumb.jpg.b10ce8010c5c9d703bcce4c372561a82.jpg

BTB-02.thumb.jpg.54ed07450f6f76aacba695c1f010dd8e.jpg

BTB-03.thumb.jpg.1094a11e5bf275ba2b80c5cf6ebaf510.jpg

BTB-04.thumb.jpg.8de1d716ad34d6966fd89b7584732163.jpg

BTB-05.jpg.b4d01bcc4a597e82c3ebc35d72a8133a.jpg

BTB-08.thumb.jpg.b56bc301cf2679f5d74a141f6cc4eff7.jpg

BTB-09.thumb.jpg.4f879c6f8adc89ee6f074391253442ca.jpg

My feedback page: https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/265737-feedback-for-adamg67/

Edited by adamg67
sold

1 hour ago, FinnDave said:

I'll be playing in Hebden again next May, so in the unlikely event that it's still available, could be interested unless I succumb to another six before then!

That's what I call planning ahead! I'd also be surprised if it's still about then, although it wants a buyer who's after a budget six with flats so that does narrow the field down a bit.

I'm feeling a bit sad about selling it now it's listed, it's been my main bass for a few years and I've done a bit of writing, gigging and recording with it, you get attached to them.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2018 at 21:45, alyctes said:

I do like the colour!

It was a bit of a struggle getting the colour to come out in the pics, it is pretty close, maybe looks more blue in some pics when it's really blue with a bit of greeny-grey in there... hard to describe, but you can just about see it in the pics. In real life it's just very slightly less brightly coloured than the pics as well.

Edited by adamg67
  • Like 1