Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockstand

WarPig

Does anyone own one of these: [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warwick-Rockstand-RS20880-Guitar-Stand/dp/B0002II994"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warwick-Rockstand-...d/dp/B0002II994[/url]

Im looking into getting one but i need to know the dimentions of it, so if anyone could post up the measurements id be greatful.
Also is there any other makes out there? I only need to hold 3 though.

Cheers.

Edited by WarPig

[quote name='KevB' post='339834' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:42 PM']I have the very one, I'll edit this with an update giving dimensions as soon as I get home from work. Is it just total exterior h x w x d you need?[/quote]

Thanks Kev. Yes its just the exterior measurements, mainly the width.

Max external dimensions on mine are:

Width 48cm
Height 74cm
Depth 43cm*

In reality if you have it so the back feet are against the wall you won't get basses to sit securely in it. The back feet on mine are about 10-15cm from the wall and to sit the body of a bass in comfortably at an angle the tuners are still scraping the wall a bit.

Cheers
Kev

[quote name='WarPig' post='339805' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:21 PM']Does anyone own one of these: [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warwick-Rockstand-RS20880-Guitar-Stand/dp/B0002II994"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Warwick-Rockstand-...d/dp/B0002II994[/url][/quote]
Yes. They're not very good - not the construction, they're built OK, it's the concept in general. Depends on what you'll be putting on it though.

[quote name='tauzero' post='340243' date='Nov 29 2008, 01:53 AM']Yes. They're not very good - not the construction, they're built OK, it's the concept in general. Depends on what you'll be putting on it though.[/quote]

Could you elaborate? Itll be holding 3 standard shaped jazz basses.

[quote name='WarPig' post='340249' date='Nov 29 2008, 02:11 AM']Could you elaborate? Itll be holding 3 standard shaped jazz basses.[/quote]
Not ideal for them. Offset bodies are a bit of a problem for them, as are chamfered edges. Ironically, Warwick Thumbs don't go on them very well. If you don't mind spending ten or twenty seconds carefully shifting the bass around to get it perfectly placed, you'll be OK, except that if the bass gets nudged, it can twist and slip through the bottom rails.

This is how it copes with an acoustic -perfectly happy.

[attachment=16610:S6001229cut.jpg]

And this is a nicely placed Thumb:

[attachment=16612:S6001231cut.jpg]

But this shows how a slim-bodied offset Thumb can twist (I actually took this first, it was when I put the Thumb in first and it didn't sit properly):

[attachment=16611:S6001230cut.jpg]

and twisting a bit more drops it through the rails. It's perhaps not as obvious in the photo as it should be, compare the second and third pictures though. If you have the chance, try one out. Not too bad for home use, not good for stage use with solid-bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a five bass/guitar version of this. Sits upstairs on the landing in it's own little corner and gets used for guitars and basses, including acoustic, semi-acoustic, solid bodies and an offset Jazz bass. Not had any problems at all with it.

You do need to allow the space behind up to the wall so that the headstocks have room.

I'd be less convinced about it for stage use however when people are going to be climbing over it.