Why become a member? ×

Now that’s how you do a relic...

BrunoBass

That's pretty much perfect. I've had a LOT of vintage Hofners and that relic'ing would certainly have me fooled.

Far more subtle than the ludicrous crap that people normally shell out for, and wear marks that tell the right story.

Take a look at the rear of the headstock photos and look at the glimpse you get of the wear on the side of the neck between F and A. Bang on the money.

"BANDMASTER, BASSMAN, BULLET, CHAMP, DELUXE REVERB, DURA-TONE, ESQUIRE, Stylized F (in Thick & Thin Script), FENDER (standard and in Stylized Thick & Thin Script), FRONTMAN, the two dimensional guitar headstock profiles commonly found on FENDER TELECASTER, STRATOCASTER, PRECISION BASS and JAZZ BASS electric guitars, J BASS, JAG-STANG, JAGUAR, JAZZ BASS, JAZZMASTER, MUSTANG, NOCASTER, P BASS, PASSPORT, PRECISION BASS, PRINCETON, RELIC, ROAD WORN, SFX, SHOWMAN, SHOWMASTER, SQUIER, STARCASTER, STRAT, STRATOCASTER, SUNN, SUPER BULLETS, SUPER REVERB, TELE, TELECASTER, THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL, TONE MASTER, TWIN REVERB, VIBRO CHAMP, VIBRO-KING, and VIBROLUX are the trademarks of Fender that may appear in this Fender Property and that are registered in one or several categories of goods with the United States Patent & Trademark Office."

Outstanding work by their lawyers! I can't wait to see then try to sue someone for using BULLET, CHAMP, FRONTMAN, JAGUAR, PASSPORT or SHOWMAN.

In other news, I have now trademarked CAR, BANANA, OAK TREE and FRUSTRATION. If you wish to use any of these terms, please contact my lawyers for my licensing terms ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

"BANDMASTER, BASSMAN, BULLET, CHAMP, DELUXE REVERB, DURA-TONE, ESQUIRE, Stylized F (in Thick & Thin Script), FENDER (standard and in Stylized Thick & Thin Script), FRONTMAN, the two dimensional guitar headstock profiles commonly found on FENDER TELECASTER, STRATOCASTER, PRECISION BASS and JAZZ BASS electric guitars, J BASS, JAG-STANG, JAGUAR, JAZZ BASS, JAZZMASTER, MUSTANG, NOCASTER, P BASS, PASSPORT, PRECISION BASS, PRINCETON, RELIC, ROAD WORN, SFX, SHOWMAN, SHOWMASTER, SQUIER, STARCASTER, STRAT, STRATOCASTER, SUNN, SUPER BULLETS, SUPER REVERB, TELE, TELECASTER, THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL, TONE MASTER, TWIN REVERB, VIBRO CHAMP, VIBRO-KING, and VIBROLUX are the trademarks of Fender that may appear in this Fender Property and that are registered in one or several categories of goods with the United States Patent & Trademark Office."

Outstanding work by their lawyers! I can't wait to see then try to sue someone for using BULLET, CHAMP, FRONTMAN, JAGUAR, PASSPORT or SHOWMAN.

In other news, I have now trademarked CAR, BANANA, OAK TREE and FRUSTRATION. If you wish to use any of these terms, please contact my lawyers for my licensing terms ...

That's not how it works, if you trademarked the HJ banana bass as an actual model then I could quite rightly sell bananas and promote them as that as the two items clearly have no impact on each other, however if I tried to also sell my basses as a banana bass you'd easily be able to get solicitors involved to either stop me or pay you an agreed sum to use your banana logo.