Why become a member? ×

SOLD Epiphone Jack Casady bass and hard case
£425

bassbiscuits

Now sold - thanks. 

Hello all,

I'm selling on this lovely Epiphone Jack Casady Signature bass. 

It's a 2007 model, wonderfully made at the Peerless factory in Korea (unlike the newer Chinese-built models).

It is beautifully set up and has been well cared for by me since I bought it in 2016. I've played a few of these and this is a really good example. 

It's strung with Thomastik Infeld flatwounds, with nice low action and zero fretwear. Its 34”, with a fully hollow body, one low impedance humbucker, controlled by master volume, master tone, and three-way Varitone impedance selector.

The Varitone also gives you three distinct sounds – ’50’ gives you an acoustic bass sort of tone; ‘100’ gives you a fat, Precision bass-esque thud, and ‘500’ gives you a real growling, driven snarl.

Great bass, full of very tasty, useable tones and a lot more versatile than you might expect.

Excellent condition all over too, with only one noticable scuff on the paint between the bridge and the bottom strap pin. It's a very shallow scrape in the top coat of the gold paint, and while it is narrow and just in the paint surface, it is about an inch long and noticeable up close. Obviously it has no bearing whatsoever on the playability of the bass but I've tried my best to picture it.

(I knocked it on a keyboard stand while in the throes of a gig, but alas that's the life of a working instrument I guess).

It comes with a very good condition fitted Epiphone hardcase, with a plush fur interior giving a perfect snug fit. Overall weight of the bass is 3.7kg.

It looks great onstage, and has been very useful for recording too. I’m not over the moon about putting this up for sale, but it'll help to cover the recent purchase of an MIJ Mustang.

I’m after £425. I’d much prefer collection from Leicester LE2, or happy to meet up for a share of petrol money.  I’m not keen to post this one.

Edited by bassbiscuits
Item sold

33 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Beautiful. It must be a very minor war wound as I can't see it!

edit: tell a lie, just noticed it. Still very minor though!

Not entirely sure why I don't own one of these...

Cheers Cosmo,

Yes with the scratch being in the surface of the gold paint, it sometime appears dark and sometimes white, so it's quite hard to capture properly.

I was still v annoyed with myself for doing it tho...

Edited by bassbiscuits