Why become a member? ×

Bit delayed, but Hi everyone..!!

ctate

My son is the bass player in our house, but as he's young, so I'll be doing this on his behalf.

He's the bassist, lead vocalist in a band called CONIXI and has a decent selection of gear, starting with his '78 Fender Precision (with additional '69 jazz pup installed) - amazing instrument that I have restored sympathetically (it was previously hand sprayed black over the original polyester - time and thinners/patience..!!!), then his Squier P-Bass, I added a handmade scratchplet, Mex pickups and CTS gear, all wired historically - plays superb..

Recently, he got a Warwick Fet 5.2 bass head (in Rockcase), feding through a 600W 4x10 Warwick cab - It's a beast of a set-up....... He previously went through the PA system direct.

He is a grade 8 drummer, plays guitar and keyboards too...... All his own doing.......!!!

His band can be found at www.conixiband.co.uk or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/conixiband/

But here's the '78 in action at a recent gig.... Peace.

https://www.facebook.com/conixiband/videos/234779477303931/?t=5

Good morning, CT, and ...

JziD0WZ.gif

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share. Is your lad shy..? It sounds as if he's big enough be able to type stuff himself, and he'd be welcome here also.
Facebook..? Facebook..? Hmm... It rings a bell, I think... Facebook..? Ah yes, that new-fangled thingie for the youf of today..! Many old fogies, such as myself, have looked at it briefly, then looked away. Different folks, different strokes, of course. :D

Cheers Dad3353...!!!

He's only 10, even though he's a hardened gigging monster already.....haha...... As for typing, he can do that, but it' be like letting Animal (muppets) on here....

I let him trawl through some of the stuff on this-here site when he wants to, as he loves seeing what the bass-world has to offer, but it's when I'm there with him - just to be safe..

All of you can look forward to his unedited posts when he's a bit older..... Gulp...!!

Peace. 

Edited by ctate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ctate said:

Cheers Spondonbassed (Suzuki fan?) :biggrin:

No............... I'm  Dad/agent/roadie/mug/basstech/amptech/soundman/mug/rehearsal manager/fan/mug/Dad

Been there, done that, tee-shirt etc... :drinks:

It's the first forty years that are the worst, after which things sometimes tend to get slightly better. :|

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ctate said:

Cheers Spondonbassed (Suzuki fan?)

I can only think you are associating "Spondon" with Spondon motorcycle frames.  I live in Spondon and I was an all weather motorcyclist for twenty five years but I have never owned a Suzuki.  My last was a '95 Triumph Tiger.  Spondon Engineering used to put all makes of engine in their frames.

Welcome to you both.

• Like 1