Why become a member? ×

Fender Squire 1989

harlowbassplayer

i am sellin an fender squire my dad brought it brand new for £250 but i sellin it for £200 it got marks and scratchs on it but still plays great i will put pic on here later or i could email you them.
Lance

bass for sale i got told it was a silver series by an music shop called giggear!

Edited by harlowbassplayer

[quote name='BassManKev' post='337518' date='Nov 26 2008, 05:56 PM']welcome to the forum :huh:

Is it a precision or a jazz?? Seems a good price, post up pics mate![/quote]

for some reason i had it in my head that this was a strat, and had to re-read the OP to check it wasn't. it only occured to me afterwards that it wouldn't be in for sale: basses if it was a strat.

i must be going crazy :)

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='337629' date='Nov 26 2008, 07:47 PM']for some reason i had it in my head that this was a strat, and had to re-read the OP to check it wasn't. it only occured to me afterwards that it wouldn't be in for sale: basses if it was a strat.

i must be going crazy :)[/quote]

Nah - not crazy. There was indeed a SS strat, and guitarists bang on relentlessly about them having 'Holy Grail Mojo' and ' Awesome Tone'. Which is why it probably popped into your mind (no offence intended).

But if you're still worried you might be losing your mind, I have a sure fire but very secret test. Just send me £200 and I'll tell you what's involved.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='340025' date='Nov 28 2008, 07:54 PM']If it's a 'Silver Series' shouldn't it have 'Silver Series' written on the point of the headstock and be made in Japan not Korea?[/quote]

It's seems that it's a common mistake that's repeated on a lot of forums. People seem to think 'Silver Series' = silver logo. You see a lot of people talking about 'gold series' as well.

[quote name='Musky' post='340049' date='Nov 28 2008, 08:30 PM']There were S serial squiers coming out of Korea around 1989. I think I've got info bookmarked somewhere...[/quote]

Yes S9***** can refer to Samick plant Korea 1989 (according to Wikipedia) but [url="http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx"]Guitar Dater Project[/url] gives Fuji-gen plant in Japan for this particular serial number.

However the headstock must be correct and it is a 1989 Samick built Korean Squier and not Japanese Silver Series.

Edited by EssentialTension