Why become a member? ×

Thro the Port hole---- One10 content

JohnDaBass

So I recieved my new BF One10 and used it twice over the weekend. Intrigued to learn how the "Hybrid Resonator" worked I shone a torch up the Port hole, as you do with all new toys😃.

The port itself looks like any off the shelf 75mm dia  x 110mm long plastic port. The cab itself looks as though it is made up of two separate sound chambers. The first which contains the speaker as about 2/3s the depth of the cab and the second chamber inwhich the Port resides is about 1/3 the depth of the cabinet. Now the marketing stuff implies that the cab is "tuned" to two different frequencies so how does that work??

All I can offer as explanation is that the rear wall of the first larger chamber has a "slot" (port) of around 15mm wide running the whole width of the cab. So this could mean that the first large chamber is tuned to one frequency and then the sound energy passes into the smaller second chamber which is then tuned to a different frequency by the plastic 75mm dia x 110 port.

Now I am not technically minded enough to understand how two chambers in tandem can operate at different frequency tunings BUT it seems to work as the One10 really does it's stuff and I am well pleased with the result.

Hopefully Guys more qualified than me in the technical stuff will come along shortly and enlighten our constant desire for knowledge of all things BASS.

PS

Has anyone shone a torch up a TWO 10?

( I don't want BassChat to start sounding like some sort of "Fetish" site😂)

Edited by JohnDaBass

11 minutes ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

By your description it may be a dual chamber reflex. If that's the case the first mention I recall of it was in a book by David Weems, circa 1980.

So Bill, how does it work and is a good solution?