CalDeep

Anyone got the Darkglass Plug-ins yet?!

On 09/01/2020 at 15:35, Bigwan said:

Focusrite Clarett2Pre Thunderbolt. No latency any more here!

Absolutely brilliant interface!

On 10/01/2020 at 22:44, bjelkeman said:

Link?

Modern PCs have Thunderbolt too. I'm just using a standard USB Focusrite 2i2 though and have no issues with latency. I think the extra bandwidth only really comes into its own when you have a lot of channels involved.

Edited by dannybuoy

3 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Modern PCs have Thunderbolt too. I'm just using a standard USB Focusrite 2i2 though and have no issues with latency. I think the extra bandwidth only really comes into its own when you have a lot of channels involved.

Yup, my review above used the 2i2 Gen 2 with zero issues and I am very fussy about latency! 

Treated myself to the Darkglass plugin around Black Friday and only got round to testing it the other day. I noticed a lot of latency with the standalone app but none going through Logic which I found strange. My interface (Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen) is currently plugged in to an Apple LED Cinema Display, I’ll try going straight in to the laptop and see if that makes a difference. If not, I’ll contact their support.

22 minutes ago, TomWIC said:

Treated myself to the Darkglass plugin around Black Friday and only got round to testing it the other day. I noticed a lot of latency with the standalone app but none going through Logic which I found strange. My interface (Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen) is currently plugged in to an Apple LED Cinema Display, I’ll try going straight in to the laptop and see if that makes a difference. If not, I’ll contact their support.

I can’t remember off the top of my head but I think the standalone app has its own audio settings to adjust to sort out the latency, whilst the plug in version will use the host settings.  (Logic)
I’ve been able to easily run my buffer at 96 (whatever the units are lol) but I get negligible latency even at 192 using my 2i2. That said, my host is a bit of a beast though lol. Oh and yes, plug the interface directly in to the computer.

Yes you can adjust it in the individual apps, as by default it's set to a 'safe' rather then playable value!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev
      Finally gave in and going to an all-in-one digital solution so my guitarists can control me via Midi!  These are the best pedals I've had for the job, all are being sold only in the interest of being a typical modern prog metal bassist!
      Selling in stages, here is Part 1.  Shipping should be £5 or so.  New prices are current prices from Andertons.
      Source Audio Nemesis Delay
      PHENOMENAL delay pedal!  You need to check out the Source Audio website to see what this thing can do, but its crazy.  It does all the usual digital/analog/tape/reverse etc delays, but also it adds all kinds of modulation effects to the signal, include octaver, envelope filter, phaser/flanger sounds and much more.  The Helix mode is particularly bonkers.  I will leave a few of my presets on there as well!  Perfection condition, in original box with candy and power supply.
      New Price: £259  My Price: £200

Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra
      The Jon Stockman (collaboration) preamp.  Incredible and versatile distortion, quite different character from the stereotypical "metal" tone of a Darkglass B*K pedal and the like, with two distortions with different characteristics on the Alpha and Omega side.  Amazing as a clean preamp too, very useful quiet EQ and comes with a headphone out jack.  Last but not least, it has an IR Cab Sim loaded DI, configurable via the Darkglass Suite on PC/mac.  Invaluable for live and studio use when micing a cab isn't practical.  Perfect condition with velcro on bottom, in original box with candy.
      New Price: £369 (V1)  My Price: £SOLD

Boss TU-3 Tuner
      You know what it is.  Industry standard tuner, AB'd against the TC Polytune it replaced and it appeared to tune quicker and was more stable.  Great rock solid pedal.  In very good condition, velcro on bottom with just a couple of marks shown in the photo, in box with candy.
      New Price: £65  My Price: £40  ON HOLD

Thanks for looking!

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So as the headline says, what relatively cheap but decent microphones will I need to mike up an acoustic drum set, when I only have 4 tracks at my disposal to record on, for a bass and drums duo where I play the bass?

I am thinking a kick drum mic, a snare/hi-hat mic, a crash/tam mic and then an overhead/room mic, but other suggestion that will likely give better results are welcome, and I am completely at loss when it comes to choosing the actual microphones for it.

I am planing to buy a Tascam DR-680 MkII for recording the drums and bass live, which can record on 8 tracks total, but only got 4 XLR inputs and 2 Jack inputs, intending to use the 4 XLR inputs for drum microphones, and then 1 of the Jack inputs for a DI recording of the bass and the other for miking up the bass cab, running it through a microphone preamp, and then transfer these 4 recorded drum tracks + 2 recorded bass tracks to my DAW later for mixing and adding vocals and eventual additional programmed and physical secondary instrumentation.

I am open to the suggestion of using 5 tracks for the drums if it will give a considerably better result, and then just using a single DI'ed bass track though.

The reason why I chose to use a small recorder is for ease of transportability to our rehearsal place, since I don't own a laptop or a car and I don't need the recordings to be super hi-fi.

• By ChrisGordon
      price Drop!!! £125 including UK postage 

A Darkglass B3K Version 1. Never really got on with it. Probably used no more than a dozen times. Hopefully goes somewhere it can get the use it deserves! In near mint condition, it has got Velcro adhered to the bass! 

Price includes UK postage. 

• By sdbrown8177
      A fantastic amplifier - really lightweight and powerful. This amp packs a punch (900w @ 4 ohms) and sounds really great either running your bass clean or engaging the overdrives which include the well-known 'Vintage Microtubes' and the 'B3K'. This amp hasn't been gigged at all so is in excellent condition and comes in original packaging (minus the information booklet). It also includes the intelligent footswitch which allows you to mute the head or switch between the effects.
      Full specs found here: https://www.darkglass.com/microtubes-900/
      Price includes postage to a UK address. Payment via Paypal or Monzo. Thanks!

• By daveybass
      Bought this recently but it's not for me..more of a fuzz guy
      Boxed and working great, may trade for a Phaser/trade up
      Price includes postage in the UK..
      Thanks
      Dave