Left leaderboard
CalDeep

Anyone got the Darkglass Plug-ins yet?!

On 09/01/2020 at 15:35, Bigwan said:

Focusrite Clarett2Pre Thunderbolt. No latency any more here!

Absolutely brilliant interface!

On 10/01/2020 at 22:44, bjelkeman said:

Link?

Modern PCs have Thunderbolt too. I'm just using a standard USB Focusrite 2i2 though and have no issues with latency. I think the extra bandwidth only really comes into its own when you have a lot of channels involved.

Edited by dannybuoy

3 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Modern PCs have Thunderbolt too. I'm just using a standard USB Focusrite 2i2 though and have no issues with latency. I think the extra bandwidth only really comes into its own when you have a lot of channels involved.

Yup, my review above used the 2i2 Gen 2 with zero issues and I am very fussy about latency! 

Treated myself to the Darkglass plugin around Black Friday and only got round to testing it the other day. I noticed a lot of latency with the standalone app but none going through Logic which I found strange. My interface (Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen) is currently plugged in to an Apple LED Cinema Display, I’ll try going straight in to the laptop and see if that makes a difference. If not, I’ll contact their support.

22 minutes ago, TomWIC said:

Treated myself to the Darkglass plugin around Black Friday and only got round to testing it the other day. I noticed a lot of latency with the standalone app but none going through Logic which I found strange. My interface (Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen) is currently plugged in to an Apple LED Cinema Display, I’ll try going straight in to the laptop and see if that makes a difference. If not, I’ll contact their support.

I can’t remember off the top of my head but I think the standalone app has its own audio settings to adjust to sort out the latency, whilst the plug in version will use the host settings.  (Logic)
I’ve been able to easily run my buffer at 96 (whatever the units are lol) but I get negligible latency even at 192 using my 2i2. That said, my host is a bit of a beast though lol. Oh and yes, plug the interface directly in to the computer.

Yes you can adjust it in the individual apps, as by default it's set to a 'safe' rather then playable value!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.