Why become a member? ×

REDUCED! Overwater Scott Devine 33” SOLD!
£1800

Steff

Hi guys, 

recently acquired this lovely example in a trade, but I realised it’s got very similar feel and sound to another bass that I already own so this one will have to go. 

33” scale, flat fretboard - it’s by far the fastest neck I’ve ever played. Action is ridiculously low (can easily be set higher if you prefer). 

I played a couple of gigs with it and imho it’s the easiest bass to play due to the shorter scale, my hands were thanking me after :)  

Can be strung either C to E or G to B, I have it to B at the moment and it’s one of the tightest B’s I’ve ever heard. Very punchy, really nice low mid growl. 

I believe the string spacing at the bridge is 16.5 mm  

It has the John East 5 knob preamp fitted which is one of the most versatile preamps out there. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but looking at Overwater’s website, this one would cost over £3200 to build at the moment. 

As as far as I can see there’s no marks or dents on it. 

I’d be interested in trades for other 5 sting basses - Lakland, Dingwall, Zon, and I would pay extra £’s for a Ken Smith or anything interesting with higher value. 

I would be extremely interested in a trade for a Scott Ambush bass but I know that’s a long shot - these are rarer than a hen’s teeth. 

I’m based in West London but I travel often for gigs, and I would drive for the right trade. 

Here’s a link to Scott playing and reviewing it himself.

Thanks,

Steff 

E3D18C3C-671A-462F-BF76-3CA253B3039A.jpeg

3A76D8D1-349B-413C-9A8F-FC2076390D07.jpeg

12725B9A-7A66-4CCA-A821-83E3653C4F6B.jpeg

Edited by Steff
Price drop
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 4000 said:

Just out of interest, and if you don't mind me asking, what's the bass you have that's similar? 

A tribute Tobias with the same John East preamp I’ve put in and Bartolini pickups mate. It’s just a bit lighter and being lower value, I’d prefer to keep it as I can trade the overwater for something more upmarket. 

Bump for a trade option added - I will now consider a full or a partial trade with cash either way for a super jazz type 5 string basses. Like Fender Marcus Miller or even something more exotic, even with humbuckers, that does the fat slap sound 😏