Why become a member? ×

introduction

Colonel Saunders

Hi new member here,  as yet not a clue how the site works so hoping this goes out.  How did I end up playing bass, well the story is 6 years ago I was playing sax and clarinet.  Went to a local open mike night and rarely got an invite to play.  Each week the organiser says we'll have a bass player next week, each week bass no show.  So I go and buy me a bass learn Brown Sugar, turn up following week bass in tow, and when they played their usual Brown Sugar I was up, and the rest is History.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Colonel Saunders said:

...What forums do you recommend. 

Difficult call, really, without knowing your interests. Maybe dip in for a page or two of each subject that takes your fancy, and hope to be agreeably surprised..? There are few duff ones, anyway, so you'll not be risking much. There are those contributors whose style may seem abrasive on occasion, but much is banter and good humour, so stay any ill judgement until you get to know folks a bit better. Other than that, just jump right in; the water's lovely..! B|

Welcome Colonel Saunders.  Still no chance of getting your secret recipe for fried chicken I suppose?

I wouldn't worry about not knowing how the forum works.  We had an overhaul of the entire forum (software and host) recently so nobody else does either!

Glad you have another string to your bow given that you had to stop playing brass and woodwind.  You're in excellent company you know.  Lots of horn players crossed over to the fundamental strings and became accomplished bassists.  Nate Watts for one.

Welcome Brian

Glad you managed to sort out the technical aspects of being a member of this forum....

Brian is going to be an asset to this forum, a great fella who has gone to great lengths to make sure that the Bass I bought from him arrives safe and sound. Having that extra wind instrument knowledge on hand is going to be helpful for me anyway (PM on the way).

Advice?? Stay away from the "For sale" threads - guaranteed to eat your money...

Mick