Why become a member? ×

Sire 5 string - £350

TheGreek

13 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

Good price seeing as it has Schallers fitted, all those Sires need is better tuners.

I find this comment interesting.  I have an identical bass to the one in the ad, except I didn't change the tuners.  I admit the they don't seem great, but it always amazes me how mine can spend over a week in a gig bag, and is still fully in tune when it comes out.

I have the same bass too, the stock tuners are serviceable and are no worse than any other modern budget machine heads - which is to say that they do the job just fine and keep the bass in tune for long enough with the odd mid gig micro adjustment. I recently replaced mine with Schallers (bargain off here) and they are much better, absolutely rock solid with no play and keep the bass in tune for an entire gig. Swapping the tuners out is pretty much the final step into making this the ultimate budget working bass for me - nice low B, great preamp, great neck with wide spacing and ultra stable, if it was a couple of lb lighter it'd be perfect!

Edited by lemmywinks