Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1 (passive) - sold pending.
£100

alyctes

Westone Thunder 1.

This is an old passive four-string bass, with a single P-style pickup.  I bought it from FinnDave three years ago (?), but it's not being played - which is a shame.

I was surprised by how comfortable the neck was - I'd expected a treetrunk.  The neck is 41mm wide at the nut.  The nut is brass.  
It's quite heavy for a four-string at 4.5kg (10lb).  The truss rod turns smoothly but stiffly both ways.  One of the three trussrod cover screws is missing.

It sounds nice, at least to my ear.  It would be a good bass for festivals and gigs where you didn't want to risk something more expensive.

It's not exactly mint - plenty of scratches and dings, though quite hard to take pics of.  The worst, IMO, is the thumb-mark above the pickup.

It comes with a heavy, functional but not very tidy hard case - evidently with some history to it (does anyone know who Earthworks might have been?).  The two halves of the case are quite dissimilar and it may be a bitsa.

£100 plus carriage; I'd rather travel than post it (I live in Dorset, I'll be in Bristol at some point in February).

IMG_0777.JPG

More pics here: https://postimg.org/gallery/oyywj6eo/

Edited by alyctes
Sold :)