Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline 44-01

mwellbass!

Played a Lakland Skyline 44-01 amongst others today, and I have to say, this is probably one of the best basses I have ever played. So easy to play, and it's just the right weight aswell. Compared it with some Fender Highway 1's, and this comes out on top.

Looking to upgrade and considering selling my current Ibanez to get a Skyline, however does anyone have any other recommendations for good basses around the same price? (£669)

Cheers!

[quote name='mwellbass!' post='330273' date='Nov 16 2008, 09:00 PM']Played a Lakland Skyline 44-01 amongst others today, and I have to say, this is probably one of the best basses I have ever played. So easy to play, and it's just the right weight aswell. Compared it with some Fender Highway 1's, and this comes out on top.

Looking to upgrade and considering selling my current Ibanez to get a Skyline, however does anyone have any other recommendations for good basses around the same price? (£669)

Cheers![/quote]
good to hear (another one to try )must put that on my list ,so you found the build quality good too then

[quote name='thebeat' post='330315' date='Nov 16 2008, 10:30 PM']Your paying £170 more for the Lakland, made in Korea, and it's an active bass...hardly comparable to a Highway 1, made in the US, which can be had for under £500 and are passive :) Still think that H1's are really good basses for the money.[/quote]
Fair point man, the H1's are still good, don't get me wrong. But I was just going on price, as the store I was in only had a £40 gap between the two basses. The H1 being £629 and the 44-01 being £669.. had no idea you could pick up H1's for under £500.

Don't bother looking elsewhere - you've found it. You should be able to source a used but excellent condition 44/01 from somewhere like the for sale forum at talkbass.com. Even with shipping across the pond and duty paid, you'll come out with a very decent saving.

[quote name='mwellbass!' post='330322' date='Nov 16 2008, 10:40 PM']Fair point man, the H1's are still good, don't get me wrong. But I was just going on price, as the store I was in only had a £40 gap between the two basses. The H1 being £629 and the 44-01 being £669.. had no idea you could pick up H1's for under £500.[/quote]
+1 for price difference - thebeat has a nice HW1 FS with hotted pups for just £320 posted - an absolute bargain [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31807&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31807&hl=[/url]

There again price isn't everything if the Lakland is your dream bass

I had a skyline 44 02 and a 55 02 and they were both great basses, quality is excellent. Wish I still had the 44 02

Its all down to preference really, I still have a jo osbourne and a jerry scheff, but if I could only ever have one bass it would be a P