paddybass

SOLD Sire V7 Alder-5 TS, 5 String Bass
£340

Reluctantly selling my Sire V7 5 string in Tobacco Sunburst. As new and pretty much immaculate as mainly used in the studio where it did the business. Great value for money Basses but this one is surplus to requirements at the moment. Cheapest I've seen is at  £429 so save yourself a few quid. Pick up from Dorset or possible meet up or I have the original shipping boxes to courier in. Manufacturers spec below. Thanks.

Electric Bass

• 5-String
  • Body: Alder
  • Neck: Maple, one-piece
  • Neck profile: C
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Scale: 34" (long scale)
  • 20 Medium small frets
  • Nut width: 46 mm
  • Bone nut
  • String thomann spacing: 18 mm
  • Fretboard radius: 18.42 cm (7.25")
  • Pickups: 2 Marcus Super Jazz single coils
  • Marcus Heritage-3 electronics with frequency control
  • Volume/Tone knobs (dual pot)
  • Pickup mix control
  • Treble control
  • Middle/Middle frequency control (dual pot)
  • Active/Passive bass mini switch
  • Comes with 2 x 9V batteries
  • Marcus Big Mass bridge
  • Hardware: Chrome
  • Strings: D'Addario EXL 170-5 .045 - .130
  • Colour: Tobacco Sunburst
  • Made thomann by Sire

IMG_7247.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

IMG_7251.JPG

IMG_7253.JPG

IMG_7254.JPG

IMG_7255.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

Edited by paddybass

I recently bought one of these and its probably the best bass I own!

Anyone who is looking for a fiver shouldnt dismiss these, IMO they sound better than some of the higher end basses!

GLWTS!

ben

weight is 4.3 kgs ( 9.4lbs ) and not looking for trades at the moment, thanks. 

Edited by paddybass

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By alinbassplayer
      With a heavy heart i'm putting my 2001 Warwick SS1 5 string up for sale.
      When I got it 3 years ago it was in a dire situation in its original "finish", it was all scratched up and the previous owner just kept waxing without cleaning, so a lot of grime had built up, one of the original saddles was lost and had been replaced with a smaller one, and the jack plug only worked continuously in passive mode, active was interrupted.
      So i replaced the whole bridge, will provide the old one for parts, i think i still have the original knobs it came with but they were just a little more tarnished and had lost their shine.
      When i bought the bridge and measured everything I realized this is actually the broad neck version and not the normal one, i only had a rockbass to compare it to, and that's not a fair comparison.
      2 years ago i had it professionally refinished by one of the Crimson Guitars tutors. It is now in a lovely semi satin finish, and a nice red which i think actually enhances the flamed maple, we managed to cover and clean most of the scratches but some can still be seen.
      I have also installed recessed Dunlop straplocks but i can provide the original ones should anyone endeavour to install them back, i am not very skilled in woodwork and didn't want to screw it up.(get it?!)
      The preamp and pickups are original, preamp is 3 band active/passive and honestly the tone out of it is unbelievable.
      The neck is beautiful, a little on the thicc side, but feels very comfortable and compliments the looks and sound of the bass.
      Only selling as the addition of a new bass will basically mean this will not be used at all anymore.
      Original specs as per warwick serial no.
      G 085969-01 
      2001 Streamer Stage 1
      5 string
      Flamed maple AA body
      Flamed maple neck
      Natural oil finish(not any more)
      Gold hardware
      And i think the fretboard is Wenge but it's not mentioned on the specs.
      It has been my main war horse for the past 2 years so it has a few newer scars, all can be seen in the photos. I keep my action pretty high as i play in A tuning. It could do with a clean and maybe a setup. Strings are fairly recent D'Daddario nickels 135 and lower.
      Any questions let me know, not interested in trades, unless it's a 5 string fanned fret/headless/both. 
      Offers welcome as price is not fixed.
      I prefer collection only from Lewisham, London or around the South East London area.
      Will come with a Hiscox Liteflite HSC.
      Price drop: £1400 ONO

• By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 pounds but it's actually 6500 euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page:

• By badastronaut
      For sale is this beautiful Human Base ROXY B5. The bass comes a with a good quality SKB case and is in absolute mint condition. The bass is about 1 year old and is perfect in every way,  but since I bought another bass with a low B it is just not getting used.
      Specs:
      Swamp Ash Body Maple neck Rosewood fingerboard 24 frets 34" scale Nut width 45 mm (17,5 / 19 mm spacing) Delano Xtender pickup Series/parallel switch active Glockenklang 3-Band Preamp Graphit nut wit ha zero-fret 3,9 kg
      The bass is located in the Netherlands but safe and secure shipping is not problem!

Asking price is 680 gbp incl. Shipping! trades could be possible!

• By such
      PRICE DROPPED: £940

For sale is my Fender Marcus Miller signature Jazz Bass. I bought it on BassChat in around 2012; not sure when exactly or who from, since the messages are gone. It had been upgraded by the previous owner with a Sadowsky VTC preamp and Hipshot D-Tuner in matching reverse/nickel. You can say "modded, not upgraded" but I think it's hard to disagree these are legitimate upgrades. The VTC feature itself makes so much difference, the tone control being functional in both passive and active modes allows for some superb tones. Like, cutting most highs with the tone control while boosting treble with the active knob (which is centered somewhat lower, freq-wise) when on bridge pickup soloed, gets you that dark but focused and super spiky tone of electric jazz/fusion virtuoso. 
      Then of course you get a superb slap tone, clean and classic jazz bass sounds and everything you can reasonably expect from a bass of this format. It's bright, punchy, meaty, growly, snappy, airy, open, clear and big. 
      The bass is super playable. When I bought it, the nut was a tiny bit high, I found, so I got Andrew from Anaconda Basses (they weren't really a thing yet then, about to launch) to make me a brass one. It improved playability and effortlessness in lower registers, open string sound and sustain (possibly) and harmonics (audibly). 
      It's as good a jazz bass as you'll get, if you're into this sort of thing. 
      I recall checking the serial number once, and the result said 2007-2010. Also, I think it weighed at 4.1kg, will edit if I remember wrong. It's fairly light and very well balanced. The battery keeps forever. I changed it recently after more than 2 years. It was still going strong, just messed with my inner comfort. 
      Unfortunately, I seem to have inherited arthritic tendencies, so combined with my long fingers, I can't really play a jazz neck anymore. I've commissioned a build of a bass based in some ways on this one, and it will also be funded by this sale - therefore no trades, I'm afraid. 
      I'm willing to post, will need to figure it out though. I will change strings to brand new D'Addario XL steels or nickels (buyer's choice) in 45-105.