rjmbass

Ashdown Klystron 1000Watt head
£550

Selling my Ashdown Klystron in Excellent condition and with flight case. Postage at buyers expense and if collected I'm location in Clitheroe, Lancashire. 

About The Klystron 1000 Head:

Proudly built in the UK, the Classic Series is Ashdown’s flagship bass amp range. Comprising of 500 and 1000-watt Klystron heads, a selection of cabinets and a range of 500-Watt combos, the Classics are about doing everything better – more volume, more dynamics, an extended frequency range and greater versatility.

The 575 + 575-Watt Klystron 1000 head features a single input is switchable for passive and active instruments with a blend of solid state and dual triode tube preamps stages. Three straightforward rotary tone controls provide 20dB of cut and boost at 60Hz, 660Hz and 5kHz, and are supplemented by two pairs of additional sliders giving 15dB cut and boost at 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3kHz and 2.6kHz. 

A built-in dual band compressor acts separately on the high and low frequency components of the signal to provide precise control, while the on-board sub-harmonic generator turns the Classics into powerhouses of tone.

Specifications

Power Output (RMS) 575 + 575W
Frequency Response  -3dB at 17Hz and 30kHz
Speaker Outputs Minimum impedance 4 Ohms
High Instrument Input Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV - 20V p-p
Low Instrument Input Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
Line Input Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
Line Output Impedance 10k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
DI Output 600 ohms balanced, level -20dBu nominal
Tuner Output Impedance 1k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
EQ Bass +/-15dB @ 45Hz
Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz
Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving
Slider 1 +/-15dB @ 110Hz
Slider 2 +/-15dB @ 340Hz
Slider 3 +/-15dB @ 1.3kHz
Slider 4 +/-15dB @ 2.6kHz
Shape (Push Flat) +8dB @ 50Hz & 4kHz, -8dB @ 400Hz, filter slope - 6dB/octave
Effects Send Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
Effects Return Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
H x W x D (mm) 340 x 610 x 240
Weight (kg) 24

k1000.jpg

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0180.JPG

Edited by rjmbass

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MiltyG565
      Hi all
      I'm selling my Ashdown ABM400H head unit. This is a very early model from Ashdown's history, and was originally a rack mounted head, but the rack ears are now missing. I've had the amp for about 10 years, and I used it with a home-built bass cab, both of which I obtained from another forum user. It's a great little amp, I used it at many practices over a period of years, but unfortunately, much like the SWR, it has sat unused for a number of years now in the spare room.
      It features a valve preamp, with post-preamp DI on the face, an effects loop on the back. Delivering 400 Watts of warm bass, middy-burbles, and clear highs. The EQ on the front really couldn't offer much more in the way of allowing you to dial in whatever sound you like, effectively having high and low pass filters, with the frequency-specific faders, and a 3-band EQ. Unfortunately I can't offer a demo for this one, but I'm more than happy to have the performance of the amp validated by a professional prior to completion of sale.
      The case and carry strap will be included with the sale, however it seems the kettle lead is no longer in the box. I can seek to get one prior to completion of sale too at your request.
      Some pics and videos below.

IMG_1123.MOV IMG_1122.MOV  

• By glassmoon
      SOLD
      Very cool sub octave and drive pedal...just not my cup of tea.  It's been around the block, but works absolutely fine.
      Royal Mail with tracking (if required) or PayPal will be extra.

• By nicko1986
      sold!
      Selling my full Ashdown bass rig, well used over the years but a great sounding solid bass rig! Had regular services and maintenance to keep it in shipshape! 

• By jimmy23cricket
      Decided to part with this lovely little valve head. I'm a bit sad, but I always said 3 amps are too many and I need to fund a five string.
      Fantastic heads. Great valve tone that breaks up nicely to a lovely valve grit when cranked without disemboweling you. This is in almost new condition. Has the tiniest scuff which I have pictured, but otherwise like new. Also has a snazzy matching Roqsolid cover.
      Really would like pick up. Could drop off if within reasonable distance. Really don't want to post just in case it gets ruined.
      Cheers!

• By Byo
      Hi there,
      I have an Ashdown Little Bastard 30w valve head that I am trying to pair with an Aguilar DB112 for home studio work and was wondering about what other LB users settings are.

The EQ is still a mystery to me as I my main amp for years has been a Markbass Little Rocker 500 and that thing is really easy to dial in when compared to the LB.

I have had a look over here and on Talkbass for the "flat" settings but there does not seem to be a general rule of thumb.
      For reference I use a variety of passive P and J basses with and without effects and I tend to look for a tone that has a hint of growl if you dig in with a pick but is stil fat and punchy when playing finger-style.
      All suggestions are welcome!

Cheers!