Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro ii SB query

Deedee

Hi all

I’m sure this has been asked many times before, but could someone enlighten me as to which of the SB models has the wider string spacing?

Due in no small part to Top of the Pops 2, I find myself lusting after one of these beauties.  The R80 currently for sale on the forum is lovely but alas it’s a long way away from me and I’d like to try one a little nearer to home to ensure that the rose tinted spectacles aren’t up to their old tricks 😁

So if anyone has one in the South Yorkshire/Nottingham area that I could have a quick tinkle on, I’d be most grateful.

Whilie I ain't no Aria SB expert, I do know that the SB-Rs, SB Elites and SB-ELTs (which are all variations on the same thing anyway) are the ones with more conventional string spacing & neck proportions. I don't get on with the tight spacing and near-parallel necks on "normal" SBs, whch is how come I know!

On 19/12/2017 at 20:20, Davos said:

The wider spacings are usually on the models with the big oval inlays on the fretboard I think. 

7 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Whilie I ain't no Aria SB expert, I do know that the SB-Rs, SB Elites and SB-ELTs (which are all variations on the same thing anyway) are the ones with more conventional string spacing & neck proportions. I don't get on with the tight spacing and near-parallel necks on "normal" SBs, whch is how come I know!

Many thanks guys, much appreciated.